Web Client Blank?

hansolo77

hansolo77

I'm not sure if I should put this in the WEB CLIENT area, or the DLNA area...

We have a Sony BluRay player in the Living Room that is DLNA capable.  A couple years ago, I was using Serviio and while it DID work, it was slow and took a lot of system resources to have running on top of everything else.  So I ditched it when I upgraded and went to Emby.  Since then, I have NOT been able to get DLNA to work with the player.  I'm not sure where to begin.  I have the DLNA features configured and enabled in the Emby server, but the BluRay player doesn't see it.  There is a Digital Media Server showing up though, which I believe is Microsoft's Media Player.  It works for AVI files (as that's the only native format WMP can detect).  But my videos specifically are mostly all mkv, so WMP doesn't even add them to the media library.  Since it's reporting the same MAC address, I wonder if that might have something to do with it?  Anyway, yeah.. I can't get DLNA to work for it at all.

So the BluRay player also has a built in web browser.  I was able to get it to pull up various websites so I know it's working.  However, when I direct it to my Emby server, all I see is a blank gray screen.  There are no buttons or text at all.  I figured since DLNA doesn't work, I could at least get the web client working and have that be the interface.  But since I don't even get a login prompt, I'm still stuck at nothing. 

The part that really confuses me, is that I shouldn't even need a software interface at all.  This player is already capable of natively playing mkv files, as we are constantly putting things on a USB thumb drive and playing them that way.  All I need is a way to view what files are on the server.  I wouldn't even need to use Emby necessarily, if I could just get a direct file browser view of the shares on the server it should work.  The problem I guess is that the player doesn't have that capability, and has to rely on a software interface to provide the lists.

So if somebody would be willing to help me, we'd be very grateful.  I got an email today saying there were some updates to the web client, so I'm going to try again now that I've updated.  But I suspect I'll still have the same problem with the blank screen.  If I can't get the web client to work, would somebody be able to help me figure out how to get the DLNA to work?

The web browser on the bluray player is not going to work unless it's up to date. The web client is moving fast with new technology. If the browser on the device is not getting updated then it's not going to happen.

"So I ditched it when I upgraded and went to Emby.  Since then, I have NOT been able to get DLNA to work with the player."  Maybe a silly question :) but have you got DLNA and Blast Alive msgs turned on in the Emby Server? If yes, maybe change the frequency of Blast Alive to 2 or 3 seconds - I've heard that that can assist in Emby being "seen" by other equipment on the network

hansolo77

I have DLNA and Blast Alive turned on, but the Blast Alive was set to 30.  I changed it to 1 and will try again next time I have a day off.

hansolo77

Ok we tried it again, and it's not showing up.  This should probably be moved to the DLNA forum though and renamed to a different thread title.

I just don't seem to have Emby showing up on the BluRay player at all.  With Serviio, it would give me an icon once the player was loaded.  Emby doesn't do that.  There is an icon for my "Digital Media Server" that Media Player is providing, so I know it SEES the server computer.  Is there a configuration in the DLNA section of Emby I need to edit (like where it lists all the different devices, etc)?

tonywagner

Same problem here, except I am just on Safari on iOS 9. Same problem when I tried the Emby iOS app too, very weird. Solid dark gray screen.

tonywagner

Got it to work sometimes, if I directly type in the forgotpassword.html URL, then click cancel, it brings me to the proper home page. But a direct bookmark to the home page or guide still comes up solid gray, even though I am already logged in....