Kodi 17? (not asking for official support)

smitopher

smitopher

I'm using unofficial OpenElec builds that are part of adding advanced Intel GPU support. (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955)

They are using Kodi 17 branch.

The Emby addon announces that it is canceling sync at startup so I don't get newly available content, which is understandable.

Can an advanced option be added that will not cancel the sync?

I can accept that it is an "advanced feature that can break unsupported Kodi versions), otherwise, I'm going back to Kodi scraping.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Then I guess you can go back to Kodi scraping.

The reason why the prompt is in place is because we work with the Kodi database directly. If anything was changed in the database (usually is the case with version bump), then bypassing the message, would cause the addon to fail silently at startup and nothing would sync regardless.

The support will come at some point, but not right now. Kodi usually tends to keep modifying the database structure until beta release. So you can understand how it would be impossible to build around it. Plus Kodi build will vary from platform to platform until that point.

So your option is to rollback Kodi version or use Kodi scraping. Sorry that is probably not the answer you were looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

im85288

Your best bet is to hope one of us devs decide to start using Kodi 17, as Kodi 16 is only just about to be released I wouldn't expect that to be anytime soon :)

Alternatively, if your up for a bit of Python coding the source code is on GitHub and we would be open to Pull Requests as long as it remains backwards compatible.

smitopher

hehe... I'm actively learning C#/.NET to go into my toolbag (primary languages are java and RPG and I'm learning the Spring framework too)

what is one more language to learn in my free time  :P

I'm might take a stab at it, but not very likely.

Thank you for the feedback.

im85288

Cool, me too (Java main language, Spring framework and angular JS)

You won't have any problems at all understanding the code, any questions don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers

MSattler

Yep. It's a moving target.

If I recall 16 changed the version numbers 3 times.  The db version changes won't stop for sure until it goes into Beta.