Music Album - Artwork Cropping

Condor_Toronto

Condor_Toronto

When I select any music album, it shows a list of all the songs on the left and the artwork of that album on the right, the issue is the artwork is cropped from the top and the bottom.

Is this a bug? I noticed it in all my albums.

Suggestion - would you please consider giving us an option to turn off the display of album name, which currently is overlaid on the artwork, perhaps for movies and TV as well. It looks much better that way and most of the time the artwork is sufficient to show us the name of the album or the movie.

BTW - when do you think you might be releasing the HD version of the app?

Considering that most the artwork are high resolution images, it is such a waste displaying them is SD plus it looks pretty bad, especially when you compare that to Apple TV or other devices...

Thank you

FrostByte

BTW - when do you think you might be releasing the HD version of the app?

Considering that most the artwork are high resolution images, it is such a waste displaying them is SD plus it looks pretty bad, especially when you compare that to Apple TV or other devices...

It's in the works.  Version 2.0 will be 720p.  Unfortunately, this may leave the D series TVs behind as I understand it does not support HD images

Condor_Toronto

GREAT!! Thank you!!

Just look at Emby app on iPad or iPhone - it's a pure pleasure to see the HD artwork.

Can you tell us approximately when should we expect the 720p version - is it matter of weeks or months?

BTW - is 720p the max or are you planning 1080p in the future?

FrostByte

Not sure of a timeline for the first beta with HD, I just saw a mockup that is being worked on.  Not all TVs (I believe E and maybe F) can support 1080 images within the Hub, but the plan was to write it so that it would be easy for someone to create a fork and make it 1080p