No "Record TV"

PeeBee

(No "Recorded TV")!

Hi,

I'm not seeing any "recorded TV" in Emby. I started by adding the "Mediaportal" recording folder to the list of folders displayed by Emby; sort of worked, but only showed recordings that had been collected into subfolders (by Mediaportal) not the recordings in the root folder. Then realised Emby collected "Recorded TV" from Mediaportal directly (via the MPExtended plugin I guess?)(realisation dawned because there was now two "Recorded TV" folders) so I removed my seemingly unnecessary folder configuration from Emby. But when I click on the remaining "Recorded TV" folder in Emby I'm told that it's empty! 

Some slight variations in the Windows config for Mediaportal: I changed the default "Recorded TV" folder for Mediaportal to "\Users\Public\Public Recorded TV" (same folder for all tuners) instead of the default path of "\Users\Username\Recorded TV". The default folders for much of "Public's" profile has been configured to be on the larger D: drive, not C:.

Edited by PeeBee

pünktchen

Still permission problems?

I've never tested shared only for everyone (default for your public folder). Maybe you really have to set share permission for the user your Emby server runs under?!

Can you post also a screenshot of your plugin streaming settings please?

Sorry, i mean a screenshot of your recording options of course!

Well that's confused me! I can't find any "recording options" for the MPExtended plugin.

Anyway, I created explicit permissions on the folder share and all the its contents for the user that runs the Emby service. I do understand that "Everyone" doesn't mean that and has been the case for many a year (more like "Authenticated Users"), but the share didn't include "explicit" permissions for the user running the Emby service (does now, and the user is an "administrator" for good measure). So the result in the Fire TV client after restarting the MPExtended and Emby services in Windows (also for good measure) was... "No recordings available". Damn! 

pünktchen

Recording options in the Emby MediaPortal plugin [emoji6]

Btw. you have my greatest respect! Other would have given up on this.

Question: have you reimported your recordings in TVServer configuration after changing the recording folder?

Probably? Who knows, that change was made several years ago! So I guess its irrelevant now?

I am trying to shoehorn Emby into a "mature" Mediaportal installation and this might well be the source of my Emby problems? Amazon broke the Mediaportal access to Prime streams earlier this year which forced me to get a Fire TV box. I'm now looking at Emby and its Fire TV client to get everything "under one roof" again.

Recording options in the Emby MediaPortal plugin [emoji6]

Btw. you have my greatest respect! Other would have given up on this.

Ah yes! I'd forgotten all about that little "extra" in the arrangement! Right, done that (attached).

Thanks very much for the comment, it means a lot to me coming from someone who can have no idea of my status, as might be explained below: I "Do Not Give Up" unless it is very obvious to me that the problem isn't my doing (and I'm not there yet with this). Meantime I have to run the risk of being a "PITA". Three years ago I couldn't even figure out a remote control for a telly! So getting this Emby working is a major project for me just now and I see it as an indication of how far I've come. What am I talking about? What might I have in common with a certain ex-Formula-1 driver? 'Fraid I'll have to leave you to look it up... T.B.I..

post-96422-0-06572600-1450612213_thumb.png

pünktchen

Probably? Who knows, that change was made several years ago! So I guess its irrelevant now?

I am trying to shoehorn Emby into a "mature" Mediaportal installation and this might well be the source of my Emby problems? Amazon broke the Mediaportal access to Prime streams earlier this year which forced me to get a Fire TV box. I'm now looking at Emby and its Fire TV client to get everything "under one roof" again.

Sorry to say that, but as a replacement for MediaPortal, Kodi with its Emby addon would be the better choice on FireTV. The Emby app for FireTV is still missing important scheduling operations and channel switching will never be as fast as on MediaPortal or Kodi! Also Kodis player engine is by far more superior than vlc within the Emby app.

pünktchen

Ah yes! I'd forgotten all about that little "extra" in the arrangement! Right, done that (attached).

Please also check "Requires path substitution".

Sorry to say that, but as a replacement for MediaPortal, Kodi with its Emby addon would be the better choice on FireTV. The Emby app for FireTV is still missing important scheduling operations and channel switching will never be as fast as on MediaPortal or Kodi! Also Kodis player engine is by far more superior than vlc within the Emby app.

Many thanks for the honesty! But I did know about Kodi yet was more attracted towards Emby because it appeared to be coming with less baggage and fitted better with the rest of the Fire TV. I didn't want all the pictures, music, etc. because Fire TV could do that natively. I just wanted Live TV and PVR functions. And I didn't want to replace Mediaportal, I just want a Fire TV client that can access Mediaportal (be it a Kodi client or, in my view preferably, an Emby client).