Auto Box Sets removing members of collection

CoolDreamZ

CoolDreamZ

After a media scan Auto Box Sets is (incorrectly) removing a single member of a few existing collections (not all are affected). Performing an Auto Box Set refresh then re-adds the missing members (and removes some more). After performing several Auto Box Set refreshes all collections are eventually complete (until the next media scan).

The log file is too big to post, this is the pattern I am seeing:

After (during?) Media Scan:

Found box set 12345 with 4 members.
Box set already exists. Will confirm members.
Adding member xxx
Member ... already exists
Removing old box set member xxx
Saving /var/lib/emby-server/data/collections/ ...... to Emby Xml.
Saving /var/lib/emby-server/data/collections/ ...... to database.

Refresh of Box Sets

Found box set 12345 with 4 members.
Box set already exists. Will confirm members.
Adding member xxx
Saving /var/lib/emby-server/data/collections/ ...... to Emby Xml.
Saving /var/lib/emby-server/data/collections/ ...... to database.

Edited by CoolDreamZ

CoolDreamZ

I suspect this may be related to the other issue I logged with Auto Box Sets i.e. errors trying to write NFO files - my NFO files are deliberately read only and I have the option to write metadata to media files disabled on the server

Deathsquirrel

You'll almost certainly need to provide full logs but keep in mind that the plugin relies on tmdb data and at times the boxset data on that site gets incorrectly edited.  Whole boxsets get deleted, re-added, modified, etc.  Personally I only run this plugin on a fresh server install.  After that it's easy to manage boxsets by hand.

Edited by Deathsquirrel

CoolDreamZ

With debug on the logfile is approx 1Gb. Changes to tbdb metadata might explain why the collection is refreshed, it doesn't explain why running a box set refresh manually 3-4 times solves the problem. It happened again today after an overnight media scan. I have fixed the issue by manually refreshing the box sets a few times. I will now disable auto box sets and maintain the collections by hand as you suggest.

CoolDreamZ

I have just been through all my collections and there were still a few which still had missing items, I have fixed these manually

• 3 weeks later...
techywarrior

Noticing the same issue. I don't think it's an issue with the TMDB metadata because doing a refresh immediatly after a scan fixes it.

Makes the plugin almost useless the way it is unfortunately.

Noticing the same issue. I don't think it's an issue with the TMDB metadata because doing a refresh immediatly after a scan fixes it.

Makes the plugin almost useless the way it is unfortunately.

A refresh would re-populate the metadata if it were missing before...

techywarrior

Yea, but it's removing movies that are already there. When I look at the metadata for the removed movie I see the collection ID. And it seems to always remove the same films for me every time. (not sure if that's the same for other people)

techywarrior

lol, I just tried to create a single log with a scan and then the refresh and now it didn't have the problem. (server just upgraded too).

I bought a bunch of movies the last few days and some of them added to collections so that's how I noticed the problem (I don't use the collection view that often). I am expecting the last few movies to arrive this afternoon so will check again after I add them in.