Strange playback issues after reinstall

teekyoo

Looking for some assistance on an odd problem.  I've had Emby running stable for a long, long time now.  I recently had to nuke m hard drive and start over.  I tried to copy all my important configuration files to a thumb drive so I wouldn't have to start from scratch afterward.  However, copying the files over after I was done didn't work.  So, I uninstalled Emby and restarted from scratch.  I went in to test everything to make sure it was working, but I'm getting random errors from a variety of movies.  For instance, When I try to play White Christmas, I get no video, but it starts playing audio from Hannibal.  It's a random portion of the movie, but always starts in the same place.  I tried some other movies as well.  A few played okay, but then others randomly played video or audio from other movies, and also starting at random points in those movies. 

So, I deleted my log, logged in, went straight to White Christmas and tried to get it started up, let Hannibal run for a minute and then logged out.  That shortened log is what's attached.  Any help would be appreciated.

log.txt

That's a server log instead of an EMC one so don't have all the information but I do see that EMC is direct playing the item so whatever it is it must be related to the player (you didn't say if you were internal or external) or codecs.

Sorry about that, thanks for the info.  I don't use any external players, and I tried to go simple and clean with the rebuild and just download LAV rather than Shark007.  I didn't change anything yet in regards to the settings, so perhaps I should start there?

I'll start there, and post a log for EMC if it doesn't work.  Do you think it could have anything to do with elements of my prior configuration files sticking around?  I didn't clarify in my original post, but I wiped my hard drive, installed Emby, transferred my config files over, but had the playback issues.  So, I uninstalled/reinstalled fresh, but still have the issues.  Do you think there would be any benefit to uninstalling again, but then going through the folders to make sure every trace was eradicated prior to reinstalling, or does that seem unlikely to have anything to do with the playback issues?

I don't think the EMC log will have anything useful in it.  We are handing off playback to the WMC player who is, in turn, using your installed codecs and configuration.  The problem lies in some difference between that configuration before and now.