Can't play movies on MBC

rms8
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Not sure if this is a setup issue with MB-Server, or MBC?

I just downloaded each in the last 3 days and have been trying to get it all set up.

MB-Server is set up on a Win7 Home Basic PC

MBC is set up on a Win7 Ultimate PC with TMT5 and TMT6 (need TMT5 for HD-DVD playback).

When MBC launches, I can browse the Movies, Concerts, NixFlix (for my son), TV Shows.... without issue.  But when I select play, nothing happens at all. Then I go back to the previous screen and w/in 15-20 seconds of doing that I get the following error message:

"Warning - Could not directly access media. Use UNC paths on server for direct playback."

The message seems pretty self explanatory, but since the HDD permissions were already set up on my previous MB2 install, they were already set to "Everyone".  I just had to go into the new Windows installation and turn sharing on for each of the 7 HDD's when I was setting up MB-Server.  I assume that there must be an extra step involved during the Sharing process now for MB3 since the MB2 was able to access the HDD without issue in the past.  I have attached a screen cap of the permissions of the HDD's (you can see that the icon shows each HDD is shared) and the Library view from MB-Server.

What am I not doing correctly?

THX,

Rob

post-1441-0-18754400-1386607204_thumb.jpg

Edited by rms8

• Solution

The message is telling you to use UNC paths (\\servername\sharename) instead of drive letters when pointing to your library on the server.

• Like 1