File not found intermitant (Direct Play)

AvengersFan

AvengersFan

Hi all, I have a issue whereby one day I can play a file directly, but the next day if I go back to watch the remainder of the show I get a file not found error, do you want to remove the file. This happens on both my kodi pi2 and my htpc kodi Windows machine. (Which incidental ty have the same name Kodi, is that a problem?)

I find I have to do a compete reset and rescan in order for the functionality to work again. And even then it will not work, I find I have to go back and unselect the direct path option in the addon.

I have a NAS with media stored there and I have the server on my Windows machine, both are on. Nothing gets added or changed (except auto turn on of NAS and Server before I get home) so I am confused as to why I would get this message the next day when the day before all was ok? I know my path subs are correct otherwise it wouldn't have played direct the day before.

As an aside and slightly related question:

When I setup my library, in order to negate the need for path substitutes, would it better and or possible to add the direct path there so as to avoid path subs, and if so what address is better, A or B

\\192.168.0.100\Television

Or

NFS//192.168.0.100/RAID0/DATA/Television

Thank you :-)

Mark

Angelblue05

This Kodi message means it's not able to find your file with the path. I don't think we can help with this. If your paths are correct and confirmed to be working, something Kodi side is not able to access your NAS when it's turned on. Could be a timing issue?

As for the paths, the first one would be treated as SMB while the second, the path would remain the same(your are missing ":")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Actually, do you have a static ip? I'm not sure what it could be, but you'll need to investigate. If anything you'll find more help posting in the Kodi forums about this issue it's not add-on related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05