Media Browser IOS mobile App MB Mobile 1.5 cannot connect

mattie1010

mattie1010

This weekend my wife complained she could not connect when out of town from her Iphone 5c running the MB mobile app version 1.5. it used to work. I am not sure when it stopped she does not use it very often. So I later checked on my old Iphone 4 that had the same version of the App locally and still the same issue. I am not sure when this broke. but I know it was working around in October.

Was there a server update that made the old MB Mobile App that was sold at the Apple App store invalid. one copy I was able to get for free but one copy the one on my Iphone I purchased for $5.00 I assumed this app was part of the media browser project since the icon was the same. currently it is useless in 2 and half years time.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth me digging more into the server to see what the issue is, since I have validated that two copy's of the older app used to work and now do not connect now, but yet sort of did as the counts of movies in folders updated.

or is it I just need to pay for the new app? but sadly on my iphone 4 it won't go to the newer IOS which is required for the new EMBY app.

On my android phone which I paid $5 for the MB mobile app updated directly to the EMBY app. I am not sure what happened. the android app still works fine, so I did not know there was an issue until yesterday.

I tried to find the thread that would explain this or to see if anyone else had the same issue.