Anybody Using this on Kindle Tablet?

tacticalcity

tacticalcity

I bought my mom an  EzCast USB device ($40 budget this year - family rule) for Christmas in the hopes that she can access my media server (not at same location) via the Web Client.

I know I can get my Laptop to do this have the URL already and even set her up with her home user account. But since this is a surprise (and I live far away) I cannot test out her Kindle Tablet to confirm the web client both runs and casts OK. Does she need to purchase an app (like I did on my iPhone), or will the web client load and work without issue. 

So my question is...is anybody already doing this and how well does it work?

Edited by tacticalcity

tacticalcity

This things is a Chinese made device called EzCast similar to Chrome Cast just not as proprietary...or so the reviews I read said. I will be sure to open it up and test it out with my laptop as the casting device before wrapping it up in wrapping paper for her. 

Mom is a movie buff just like me. So it is really great that I can share all my movies and TV shows that I've collected over the years right over the internet with relative ease. 

Koleckai Silvestri

I use the web client on a Kindle HDX using Amazon's Silk Browser without major problems. This tablet is a couple of years old. The Android Client is also available in the Amazon App Store and it works as well.

I don't know about the EZCast device. If I purchased something like that I would purchase a Chromecast but don't have a need for it.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

tacticalcity

I bought a chromecast when all this "casting" stuff was new and the software, including media browser was just too clunky. Since then Emby and everybody else sort of figured it out and worked out the kinks. I have an andriod tv box and cast to it all the time via my laptop now that Emby and every other app is "no longer compatible with my outdated device". It's become pretty much just a really big chromecast. Small for a box running a ton of software. Huge for just a casting receiver.

The ezcast is supposedly running the same software as my current android box as far as the casting goes. So I'm no worried about it. 

Edited by tacticalcity