Problem adding another drive of movies

dsig
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

I installed the server and then selected my P drive (all movies are in their own folders).  This seemed to go well

I now want to add my Q drive that has the rest of my movies (all movies are in their own folders).  Once i select Q it shows me all the folders (after 'script might have stopped ... ' I click continue).

But now I cant add the Q drive but must seemingly add each folder at a time.  When q is selected (and other folders showing) i click ok and at the bottom it says .. there was an error adding the media path

Edited: Interesting .. i decided to try to add one of my TV drives ... format is M:\Tv Series\... where each series has its own folder like BBC-Doctor Who etc.

I selected M .. .then tv series .. then OK .. off it went.

So why won't it add the movie drive?

Edited by dsig

Last night I loaded the server and scanned in my P drive (all movies in their own folders).  It appeared to work correctly.

Today I added a new movie (folder with .mp4 and jpg) to the drive and now when I select the folder (P:\Door in the Floor) it shows no media there ... when i OK it says there was an error .. is media available ...

This is similar to my other problem I am having now with trying to add a new drive of movies.

i will when i can figure out how.  i went to help/log looked at one and it came up with

Error Code OutOfMemoryException ... blah blah blah

Happy2Play

i will when i can figure out how.  i went to help/log looked at one and it came up with

Error Code OutOfMemoryException ... blah blah blah

Noticed the same thing recently in this .5 release.  Half the time I go to Help-Logs and try to open current log it redirects to OOM error page, even though everything is still fully functional.

this log looks like it's just scanning the library. is this from the time you tried to add your second drive?

I *thought* so but being new to Emby not sure how long a log lasts.  I will add again this evening and send the log right after.

Thanks

Ok, the on-screen error message needs to be improved but just make sure it has a unique display name from your other libraries

There is already a media library with the name TV.

"N:\TV Series" is the folder under which there are all the Series folders.  Just like the first one that loaded was "M:\TV Series".  It did take many times to get M:\TV Series to load.  Other wise the same error

Sorry .. so I need to change my files on drive .. change the top directory?

Oh .. media display name ... TV

Is there a way to add to the TV library? Or am I missing something here?

Edited by dsig

• Solution
Vidman

Sorry .. so I need to change my files on drive .. change the top directory?

Oh .. media display name ... TV

Is there a way to add to the TV library? Or am I missing something here?

Yes, don't add a new library just add the new path to your existing TV show library
  • Like 1

Thanks .. finally i had a Doh moment ..

I added a folder and though only the first drive was accessed I am hoping the second drive will get processed also.

Thanks

• Like 1