Missing track #1 on new music album

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

I just added a new music album for the artist Elvis. 

In Kodi track #1 - Burning Love is missing and cannot be seen.

It is however present in the Emby web GUI OK and the Kodi log file also suggests that track was added, so not sure why I cannot see it in Kodi?

16:05:05 T:5276  NOTICE: EMBY WriteKodiMusicDB -> ADD song to Kodi library, Id: 9c427b76bb30ec9e6a6ccb11a63d40a2 - Title: Burning Love

I have double checked the files metadata with mp3tag which all looks to be OK.

http://xbmclogs.com/pj5xqlqxx

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Track #1 is not missing in native Kodi / MYSQL as I just scanned this new album in to the that library OK. 

Just seems to be missing in Kodi with the Emby add-on on my test machine. 

cw-kid

Think I just found a bug as well?

For some of my albums I have back.jpg images in their folders. Even though XBMC never showed these back cover images I collected them anyway for some albums for possible future use etc.

566da0ecb5365_ACDCback4.png

In Kodi with the Emby add-on in the Confluence skin when viewing the music albums in list view. some of the albums are showing the rear covers and not the front covers.

566d9ef33b0b0_ACDCback1.png

Strange though if I press the INFO button on the album then the front cover is displayed OK.

566d9f3e62ac2_ACDCback2.png

If I change the view in Confluence from List to Thumbnail then the problem goes away and all the albums that were showing the back covers are now correctly showing the front covers.

Native Kodi

566da07867f11_ACDCback3.png

I don't appear to have the same problem in native Kodi / MYSQL, in the Confluence skin in the album list view the problem albums are all showing the front covers fine.

So only seems to be an issue with the Kodi PC with the Emby add-on etc. Not sure if this is a Kodi or Emby issue though.

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Please confirm the track shows up in the web client?

Hi

Yes it does show in the web GUI. The missing track was also seen on a Roku client but not in Kodi.

Angelblue05

If you restart Kodi does it show up? Is there any errors in the log? Or do you see a message saying the commit was successful?

As for the artwork, I assigned them as it was done by marcelveldt. In the code it treated backcover as primary and front cover as thumb (could be the other way around, I don't have the code infront of me). Kodi does not support back covers. This is an emby thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Can you do a manual search in music, to see if it finds the title? Maybe it's there but missing the album link?

• Like 1

cw-kid

Can you do a manual search in music, to see if it finds the title? Maybe it's there but missing the album link?

Yes if I search for the missing track "Burning Love" it does find it

566ded04c8f4c_KodiElvis1.png

But under the actual album its missing

566ded3eef8b2_KodiElvis2.png

• Like 1

cw-kid

If you restart Kodi does it show up? Is there any errors in the log? Or do you see a message saying the commit was successful?

As for the artwork, I assigned them as it was done by marcelveldt. In the code it treated backcover as primary and front cover as thumb (could be the other way around, I don't have the code infront of me). Kodi does not support back covers. This is an emby thing.

No restarting Kodi has no effect and track #1 is still missing for this album,

So the back cover art thing, I am not sure I understand. 

I know Kodi doesn't support back covers and normally it never displays them any where. 

But it just so happens I do have some back.jpg cover images for some of my albums. 

Native Kodi / MYSQL never displays these back covers but it seems Kodi with the Emby add-on does (In the list view) instead of displaying the front cover which seems to be incorrect to me.

Cheers

Angelblue05

Ok if it's being treated as a single, maybe there's missing metadata when we queried. Can you try to do a refresh on the one song in the metadata manager to see if it resolves the issue?

@@marcelveldt your opinion for back cover artwork?

• Like 1

cw-kid

The mp3 metadata was all correct before I moved the new album in to the music folder which Emby is monitoring. 

However I have just refreshed the #1 track in the Emby metadata manager. And now after launching Kodi and it doing an incremental sync track 1 is now showing under the album OK. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Sometimes, when an item has just been added, the server sends the websocket message even before the item is scraped fully into the emby library (loaded all the existing metadata). It's like the date added/nfo scenario. At least, that's my guess as to what happened :)

• Like 1

cw-kid

Yeah I know what you mean. Can't remember if I had Kodi open whilst Emby was scanning the media library / new content. I don't add new music albums often so not seen this before.

So what's your opinion on the back covers? Mine is they should not be displayed in Kodi and only the front covers should be, as is the case in native Kodi.

Angelblue05

The image treatment depends on the skin and the view. Normally, thumbs will be used over primary for albums.

Waiting on marcelveldt's response on this. I don't want to go messing around with this, unless he tells me it's ok.  

cw-kid

The image treatment depends on the skin and the view. Normally, thumbs will be used over primary for albums.

Agreed as only in Confluence skin in list view did I see some back cover images being displayed.

In Confluence in thumbnail view only front covers were shown for the albums.

And also in the Xperience1080 skin, in thumbnail view all albums show the front covers.

So as I never use Confluence in list view normally I never noticed this issue before.

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt your opinion for back cover artwork?

Sorry, no idea... Kodi should just use whatever was inserted by Emby.

Notice that Kodi also tries to locate any images inside the mp3 file itself so for individual songs it may be possible that Kodi located an image that was embedded in the mp3 ?

cw-kid

Just double checked that AC/DC album in mp3tag and the front cover is embedded in to the mp3 files. 

Also looking at this album in the Emby web GUI the front cover is displayed OK as expected. If I select Edit Images it then shows three images

Primary = Front Cover

BoxRear = Back Cover

Disc = Disc Image

So not sure why Kodi (Confluence) with the Emby add-on in the Music Albums (List View) is displaying the back cover and not the front cover as it should.

Native Kodi (Confluence) / MYSQL in the Music Albums (List View) is displaying the front cover for this album. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Ok well, if it's not a big deal, I could simply take out back covers from the artwork we add to Kodi? This would fix the weird artwork output for albums if posters (primary) are used over thumbs in the listing display.

cw-kid

Well Kodi doesn't support back cover art images natively unless some skins do? But I've never seen back cover images used for music albums before. 

Angelblue05

Kodi doesn't support backcovers type, indeed. As I mentionned, Currently, emby back covers are added as poster type and the front covers are added as thumbnail images. Usually, for albums, skins will use thumbnails, so you'll never see the back cover. However I wasn't sure if marcelveldt was using the album poster to display a special view to show the poster(back cover). It doesn't seem to be the case so I will just remove backcover treatment all together and only use the front to import into Kodi. :)

• Like 1

cw-kid

This would fix the weird artwork output for albums if posters (primary) are used over thumbs in the listing display.

I still don't get how back.jpg images are picked up as posters (primary) anyway's ?

Its not as if they are set as primary in the Emby web GUI as its showing it as BoxRear.

EDIT: Just read your reply above.

Edited by cw-kid