Deleted scheduled recordings reappear when Refresh Guide job runs

virtualtinker

virtualtinker

I'm using Emby version Version 3.0.5781.5 and am currently using the built-in live TV solution in conjunction with an HD Homerune Prime and Schedules Direct.  That said. let me better explain what I am seeing.

I am recording Daniel Tiger and have it set to record every occurance of the show when it airs on PBS.  Now, I already have a number of the episodes recorded and am only looking to record the stragglers I am missing so I looked at the information for each episode scheduled to record over the next 2 weeks.  I cull the list of scheduled Daniel Tiger episodes from almost 30 to say, 4 or 5.  This works as intended.

However, once the Refresh Guide job kicks off, all of those deleted scheduled recordings reappear.  As I am new to using the built-in solution with Schedules Direct, I don't know if this ever worked at any one point or if this is an oversight in the code.  In any case, what I would like to see happen is, obviously for one that the episodes I delete don't come back upon guide refreshes.  To take it a step further though, if say I record an episode, if that episode were to repeat a month down the road, I would not that episode to appear again in the scheduled recordings as I should have already recorded it before.  I know this was how the recordings functioned at least when I was using SWMC and it seemed to work very well so ideally, mimicking that function would be great.

I've included a log with debug turned on where I deleted numerous scheduled recording of Daniel Tiger over the next couple of weeks then manually kicked off the Refresh Guide job which repopulated them back in my list.  This should be fairly easy to reproduce as well on your end.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.  Thanks!

server-63585424751.txt

currently it will record all for that series, including ones you already have but it's something we can expand on in the future.

virtualtinker

As is, with the ability to delete a scheduled recording only to have the guide update job repopulating it, it feels like a bug. If expanding on the guide is not something that is going to be put high on the priority list for some time, then I would ask that the ability to delete scheduled recordings be removed when using the out of the box Emby solution with Schedules Direct.  That way, there is no question as to whether deleting is an intended feature as I have come across.

In any case, is this something you'd like for me to post on the feature list so you can see what kind of interest there is then to properly prioritize it?

virtualtinker

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41ygpuyxqh11lrf/20151214_143441.mp4?dl=0

I was using the in-app functions to delete. Here's a video of me going through the steps to reproduce.  Ignore the inane conversation by my team in the background.

Interesting as I made it, the guide had stale scheduled recordings from a couple days prior that weren't purged somehow and I had to delete manually.  When the guide updated and my scheduled recording repopulated, only the current stuff reappeared.

virtualtinker

Attached is a new log with debugging enabled.  I deleted every scheduled recording over the next 2 weeks of Daniel Tiger prior to running the update guide job.  As expected, every deleted instance was repopulated.  As another note, I updated to the latest minor release so I am running 3.0.5781.6 now.

server-63585705240.txt

Unrelated but i would install the beta again on top of our existing install. there's something in the log that doesn't look good

Could not load file or assembly '6899712 bytes loaded from MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5781.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
	System.BadImageFormatException

let me know if you stil see that after. thanks.

virtualtinker

I downloaded a new copy of the beta from emby.media/download and ran that on my server.  Unfortunately, that did not clear the error you quoted.  However, I looked at the log I uploaded earlier in the thread when I was running the .5 minor release, and the error was there as well, so the new release did not cause that and has been lurking in my system for some time prior.  Looking in the log around it, it looks like it might be related to the trailers plugin?  I'll try removing that plug-in and restarting to see if that clears up the error when I get some time.  In any case, unless that error is related to the scheduled recordings issue, maybe there is something there that might help you track down what I am seeing.