90% of library unplayable

Untoten
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Untoten

Issue resolved, it seems Intel Quick Sync transcoding is throwing the issue.  Any suggestions?  Is Intel Quick Sync still in beta for this server?  I can do whatever beta/alpha testing you would like, I list my infra in a previous post so I can offer a unique environment.  

Edited by Untoten

• Solution

Yes, quicksync is still basically experimental.  We tried testing it in the dev/beta builds for a long time but just not enough people were doing it so, since it is only opt-in, we put it into the release to get better testing.

• Like 1

From the release announcement:

Please note - we're still considering this experimental and it is not yet supported on all operating systems. It's currently limited to Windows and select Linux releases.

To try it out, just enable it in the server dashboard. Important: Your setting for hardware decoding has now been reset and merged into one hardware acceleration setting.
This feature has been previously exposed to a limited test audience and we don't expect it will be perfect just yet. If you run into any issues, please let us know.

Untoten

Sounds good, I will test anything you guys need, let me know what you need.  I am a single techie with no kids and a job that lets me work remote so I have plenty of time to devote to helping in any way possible, even if it;s just unit testing types of activities.

• Like 2