Tip: Use Collections for Actors and Actresses

theusedversion

theusedversion

I just wanted to share a tip that you can use the Collections feature also for your favorite Actors and Actresses.  Or Directors, Writers, etc.  I have decided to do Actors and Actresses.  I have only done Actresses so far but I will get around to adding Actors as well.  Admittedly I got a bit carried away with it and added too many people but it's still nice that I can easily see all my favorites together in one place.  I will often do marathons of specific actors/actresses movies so this works out for me well.  Just wanted to share this because I know most people use it mainly for things like Star Wars collection or Planet of the Apes collection.  I grabbed all of my images from either TMDb.org or Google. ~Cheers

E6XlFkf.jpg

• Like 1

Undutchable

Good tip, but what I wonder is how did you do this?

I do have favorite actors and they are marked, but still no collection!

Koleckai Silvestri

You have to manually create a collection for each person and add their movies or other work to it.

theusedversion

Click on the actors name on whatever movie they are in to bring up their page and all of their movies.  Then hold down the click button on one of the movies so that you can multiselect, then click each one of their movies to select it (a checkmark shows up), and then up at the top right corner is a button that will let you "Add to Collection" and then you can just create a new one with the actor's name.  After that, select Edit Images to upload a new image of them.

theusedversion

Also you could add things like Actor: Brad Pitt or A: Brad Pitt to the beginning to keep them separate. Movies: Star Wars or M: Star Wars. That way you can have both without them mixing.

It would be cool if the Collections feature could also grab images from TMDb for actors. They have their own TMDb ID as well. That would make it significantly easier for people. Just a thought.