Karaoke

Pegasus3245

Pegasus3245

Hi,

Ive been using Media Browser for some time now through windows media centre 7 32bit.

I had been playing .cdg files via media browser by using the Karaoke for Direct X, and changing the registry key for .cdg to perceivedtype=video, always worked perfectly in 32bit.

Yesterday, I had an upgrade on my media centre, and went for 64bit, I cant get the thing to work. The .cdg files play perfectly in windows media player, and I can see them in media browser, and media centre, but if I try to play them I get the error saying media centre cannot find the file, the same as you get for MKV in 64bit until you install 'gabest'.

I checked loads of forums, I found one possible solution, which was to disable microsoft video mixing renderer 9 and the ribbon display in the karaoke directx settings, but this hasnt worked :(.

Anyone have any ideas? The kids wont be happy if I dont get it working sharpish :)

Thanks.

The default playback in x64  in wmp is the x86 version so your reg setting will be the same, Wmc however uses x64 so you will need to find the corresponding registry key in x64 and change that (I suspect) if there is such a registry setting at all.

Edited by Tikuf

• 1 year later...