Manual Library Scan after restart of Windows or Emby Server

claw
Go to solution Solved by djonnie,

If I restart the Windows 8.1 server,  Emby Server autostarts but Movie Library is not availble.   No movies are listed in either Emby Theater or Emby Server Browse Library in a web browser.

The same issue occurs if I just restart Emby Server.

Workaround is to perform a manual Library Scan.   The scan usually only takes around 5 seconds.    As soon as it is complete, the movies appear in Emby Theater and in Emby Server Browse Library.

I don't recall this issue occurring before Media Browser Server was auto-upgraded to Emby Server.

Emby Server version is  3.0.5781.4

Edited by claw

• Solution
djonnie

Yes, I also have this issue.

It can easily fixed though, by adding an "On application startup" trigger to the "Scan media library" scheduled task.

Don't know why this isn't default.

• Like 1

I had read somewhere that the guys had changed how the media scan was caching information and when it had to be run.

not sure if this is an example of that.

A media scan runs for me at start up. Probably a good thing to have that trigger added.

Thanks.   Went to scheduled tasks and under scan media library added the on application startup trigger.   This resolved the issue; both for Windows restart and Emby server restart.

I installed Windows 8.1 a year and a half ago as a clean install.   I don't upgrade and didn't delete my Windows 7 install, so I booted into Windows 7 to check what settings I had in Media Browser Server.    The auto-upgrade to Emby Server started before I could check.   But Emby Server on Windows 7 included the on application startup scan library trigger.    The scan didn't find any media since the configured library folders were no longer valid.  I had moved my media to different external drives with different share names after the move to Windows 8.1.

I am guessing that at some point the on application startup trigger was removed from my Window 8.1 Emby Server configuration.   I know I didn't remove it manually as until now I didn't even know that the triggers existed.  It all just worked so never did much looking under the hood.