New episodes not being recorded

kwilcox
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

kwilcox

For TV shows.  When I record a series, episodes are immediately scheduled up to the current end of guide data.  I understand this and it makes sense. However, the process that pulls more guide data (in my case, its bi-weekly) isn't also applying season schedule rules to queue more episodes. To work around this, I have to delete the series and re-add it.  Editing the series then saving doesn't appear to trigger the scheduling of new episodes.  I need to select an episode in the guide and choose record series again to schedule episodes through the end of the current guide data.

I'm using the current supported standards: HD Homerun tuner and Schedules Direct.

Thoughts?

I'm running Emby server Version 3.0.5781.4 

Edited by kwilcox

spencerisadog

I'm also having incredible difficulty with recording LiveTV.  Although, you're a step ahead of me, I'm only getting three of the nine shows I'm trying to record even if I remove it from the series and re-add them.

kwilcox

Here's an update on this.  I'm currently monitoring my Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D series recording.  The last scheduled episode was recorded yesterday (Tuesday, 12/7)  and there's a Christmas special slated for the same time slot next Tuesday (12/13).  Guide data only goes through 12/18 currently so there are no episodes scheduled for recording.  This is how it should be.

I'll update this thread again when guide data extends past the next aired broadcast.  It would be nice if somebody could tell me when I would expect to see the next episode scheduled.  Is this supposed to be tied to guide updates or is it a nightly process or something different?

Edited by kwilcox

mellomade

I can confirm a few of these things on my installation.  Version 3.0.5820.4688

1.  After scheduling a series - if you go back and try to edit any of the entries for days, new, etc they seem to get saved properly however the already scheduled data is never updated.  So for example if I set a daily show to record everyday initially - then go back and remove Tuesday from the series - the recordings for Tuesday still show in the scheduled list.  Even after refreshing the guide and emptying the browser cache.

2.  EmbyTV does seem to have an issue updating it scheduled and series recordings.  I had a case a week or so ago where Schedules Direct (actually Gracenote) incorrectly marked a new episode as an old rerun.  They corrected this and updated the guide data - and it showed as updated just fine in the Emby guide after a refresh - however because I had already had the series scheduled prior to the refresh EmbyTV never picked up the recording.  I had to remove the series recording and re-add to get it to show.

Edited by mellomade

• 1 month later...
mellomade

I can confirm that the updates are now working after editing an existing series in the dev Version 3.0.5863.27680.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...