Multiple entries for a single show

Eldon.McGuinness

Eldon.McGuinness

I was just giving the latest version of the Kodi add-on a whirl and despite it crashing on the music library scan every time, another issue for another post once I get a log of the error, the video side seems to work brilliantly except for one hitch. If I have a show that is in more than one folder, though aggregated into the same library in emby, the items seem to show up under different entries in the library. Let me try to explain a bit better below.

folder 1: C:\share\offline\tv (Season 01)

folder 2: C:\share\archived\tv (Season 02-03)

folder 3: C:\share\new\tv (Season 05)

folder 4: C:\share\collection\tv (Season 04)

* Note the season in parenthesis is just to show what is in that folder, it is not part of the folder name.

When I do this and then view the tv library I will see 4 entries if the show exists in all four folders. In other words I will see:

[Adventure Time](Season 01)

[Adventure Time](Season 02-03)

[Adventure Time](Season 05)

[Adventure Time](Season 04)

* Note the season in parenthesis is just to show what is in that folder, it is not part of the item name

I currently use MySQL in my production setup to share media and would love for emby to take over, but perhaps I'm a bit daft as this does not seem right and does not happen with the MySQL setup.

xnappo

I used to have this problem too - but did the obvious thing and combined them manually.  I am not suggesting you do that though, just saying that is what I did.

Do they show up as a single show on the server?  I can't remember the details of why this happens, but I think the server serves us up the data like they are different shows.

Eldon.McGuinness

Indeed, they do seem to show up on the server as separate entries. Well guess that is one issue figured out. As for combining them, that is a good solution for those that wish to do that, but I do not as it would make my OCD go into overdrive and likely drive me or my wife insane. :P

Cheers!

Edited by Eldon.McGuinness

xnappo

Yes - I understand - like I said I was just saying what I did - I didn't have a lot of it, just a few.

So I think you should ask for a fix on the server side.  We could probably hack something, but best to fix to root cause.

Angelblue05

Server fix is your hope, otherwise find a way to make them seem as one item server side. Maybe using symbolic links or something?

We add items using their server id. We don't look at the content naming when adding them to Kodi, since it's all handled server side.

Vidman

It has been asked for multiple times, the standard reply is to combine them or use drive pooling

You could add your support by liking one of the existing feature requests, but it is not very high on the server devs priority list

Edited by Vidman