DVBlink - ffmpeg problem? No acceptable HD playback

rodnheli

rodnheli

hi,

i'm using emby on windows 10 x64, 8 GB ram, intel n3150 - emby server and dvblink server newest (stable) version. client device: webbrowser (ie 11 + chrome), LG G4 (android 6) and Galaxy Tab S 10 (lollipop)

i've played now for hours with DVBlink and Emby and tried all possibillities to get it working on my clients. My problem is, that i don't get HD channels working correct and probably there's a bug in ffmpeg.

hope someone has time to read through this  :)

but before heres my summary: best result with intel quick sync enabled, DVBlink transcoding disabled --> CPU load = 35 % on SD an HD channels ---> PROBLEM: audio working on SD +HD - Picture only working in SD not HD (on HD i only get a black screen)

the long story: i tried 4 scenarios: transcoding set to auto and quicksync --> transcoding disbled / enabled in dvblink plugin --> played SD TV source and HD TV source - between always restartet emby server.

my results:

TRANSCODING ENGINE AUTO:

1) transcoding not enabled in dvblink plugin:
ffmpeg opens in: C:\Users\rodnheli\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20151111

HD channels: audio and picture extreme stuttering - CPU GOES UP TO 80 %
SD channels: audio and video --> OK - CPU 35 %

2) transcoding set active in dvblink plugin (ffmpeg is twice opened)
ffmpeg opens in: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\common
and opens in C:\Users\rodnheli\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20151111

SD channel: both OK - BUT: each ffmpeg prozess of them have CPU load of 40-50 %  both need complete CPU!
HD chanell audio and picture extrem stuttering

ffmpeg --> C:\Users\rodnheli\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20151111 --> CPU LOAD 15 %
ffmpeg -->  C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\common --> CPU LOAD 80 % or closes after a few seconds

i think both ffmpeg is to much for CPU...

TRANSCODING ENGINE QUICK SYNC:

1) transcoding set active in dvblink plugin (ffmpeg is twice opened)
ffmpeg opens in: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\common
and opens in C:\Users\rodnheli\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20151111

SD channel: audio and video stuttering - each ffmpeg process of them have CPU load of 30 -50 %  both need complete CPU!
HD chanell audio and picture extrem stuttering
ffmpeg --> C:\Users\rodnheli\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20151111 --> CPU LOAD 10 %
ffmpeg -->  C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBLogic\DVBLink\common --> CPU LOAD 80 % or closes after a few seconds

2) BEST RESULT:
transcoding not enabled in dvblink plugin:
ffmpeg opens in: C:\Users\rodnheli\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\ffmpeg\20151111

HD channels: audio OK - BLACK PICTURE - CPU ONLY GOES UP TO 35 % MAX
SD channels: audio and video --> OK - CPU 35 %

so it would be great if emby developers could help solving the black screen issue when intel quck sync is enbled.
attached the transcode log of my last test whith quick sync active an error black screen!

best regards!
helmut

transcode-028e56ce-4bb8-413d-a1f3-f9830df0416b.txt

I don't have the answer. The qsv feature is still new and we're still learning where it works and doesn't work. The video is mpeg2 and we're trying to use the mpeg2 decoder and it's failing. Its' possible there's nothing we can do other than wait and see if a future ffmpeg update solves it. you can also try making sure your video drivers are up to date.

rodnheli

thanks for reply!

i sleeped on it - one thing i didn't try was to disable transcoding direct in dvblink server settings.

now all works with:

- emby transcoding set to auto

- dvblink plugin disable transcoding

- dvblink server setting disable transcoding

BUT: high CPU load - 85 % ffmped - 100 % at all - watching TV transcoded is like burn in test.

hope we'll soon get improved intel quick sync or ffmpeg support - this is the killer feature!!

probably workaround for the future with DVBlink plugin without quick sync:

is it possible that for LIVE TV (DVBlink plugin) in emby only transcoder ffmpeg in dvblink folder is started? because ffmpeg with dvblink app works perfect - high CPU but it works  - HD and SD!

i think the problem is, that ffmpeg in EMBY starts twice, and i have transcoding "mismatch" paired with high CPU 100 % (ffmpeg dvblink 80 % and ffmpeg emby process 20 %).

regards helmut

Edited by rodnheli