Music Library Missing From Nvidia Shield Android TV

Dhalmo
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

I am running Emby Server Version 3.0.5781.4 on a Windows 7 Home Premium PC (64-bit). The local IP address of my Emby Server on the LAN is http://192.168.1.102:8096, with ports 8096 and 8920 showing as running. 

On the same LAN (everything connected via CAT5) I have an NVidia Shield Android TV (SATV) running the Emby app for Android. The IP address of the SATV is 192.168.1.184. I am able to see the Emby Server from the Emby app on the SATV and I am able to successfully login to the server using my pin. When I do log in, I see two add-ons that were added, Revision 3 and YouJizz. Unfortunately, I cannot see any of my music library that was indexed on the Emby Server, only the add-ons. 

The media library is on an external hard drive connected to the Emby Server PC, with both SAMBA share enabled for specific users (R/W) and Everyone (Read only), on the Workgroup. I even have Hanewin NFS Share running. I am able to access this library with Kodi without a problem but I'm unable to access it using the native SATV Emby app. I created a Path Substitution from the hard drive on the Emby Server as follows:

X:\Backups\Music\Hip Hop      to               \\192.168.1.102\Hip Hop

also tried 

X:\Backups\Music\Hip Hop      to              \\192.168.1.102\Backups\Music\Hip Hop

I suspect the Emby server version I am using is the culprit but I'm not sure. 

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

swhitmore

Hi, one thing to check is that the user has access to that library. However if it's working on Kodi, I'm not sure why it wouldn't on Android.

565fa43938635_Capture.jpg

• Solution
Vidman

the current android TV app currently does not support music....it is being worked on now but no idea when it will be released.

also there is no need to use path substitution for the android tv app.

also this should be posted in the android tv section 

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

RottingMeat

Eagerly looking forward to this.  Wife was just asking me to put on some Christmas music to decorate the tree to and I had to tell her our system could not do it yet.

Vidman

Eagerly looking forward to this. Wife was just asking me to put on some Christmas music to decorate the tree to and I had to tell her our system could not do it yet.

Why not use Google cast?

Eagerly looking forward to this.  Wife was just asking me to put on some Christmas music to decorate the tree to and I had to tell her our system could not do it yet.

A beta should be available within the next few days so, if you are willing to help test it out, please sign up.