Live TV Recording - HDHomerun Extend

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

@@Luke

I can see when i watch live TV that emby requests the stream as "Heavy" for max quality (transcoded of course to h.264 by the HDhomerun extend device).

I was just curious if when recording live TV does it also do the same? I only ask as the i had a connect version (MPEG-2) and now with the extend version (H.264) the file size for a 1 hour episode of HD content seems to be about the same. I thought it would be smaller now with the transcoded format.

Thanks,

Erik

it could yes. you'll have to verify by checking the url requested from the tuner in the server log.

@@Luke

I'm not sure what i would be looking for...so i attached the server log for when it did a test recording for an HD episode of "supergirl".

Erik

Sorry, im being dense today...

I assume you mean it didn't request it as heavy transcode? so it just grabs it as raw then I assume?

Thanks for the that, I did a test watching form a browser and see the http request is specifically requesting the "heavy" profile there.

Is this on the roadmap already, such as a default of heavy or maybe a choice when setting up a recording of what quality you want to record.

Or should I make a formal feature request?

• Solution

we're planning on doing our own h264 conversion of recording soon. it will also convert the audio so that the file is streaming friendly.

• Like 1