Audio distorted when playing 1080p MKV's

Movies32

I am having this same issue posted in the thread above. I've downloaded the private channel app to my roku and made the changes listed above. The problem now is none of my files will play. They get to around 50% on the progress bar of my roku and then quit out back to the selection screen. Not really sure if this is a problem in my server configuration or the roku? I will try and restart the roku and see if that helps. 

Edit: After restarting the Roku I can see that if I change the audio to convert to MP3 it wont transcode properly and will not play. I'm going to see if rebuilding ffmpeg on my server from source will help. 

Edit #2: That was it! Updated to the latest port build of ffmpeg on my server and now it works and the audio distortion is gone. Thank you for this guys! Finally I can feel good about using this app again in my main viewing area. It was bugging me for so long I was about to switch to an RPI hahah 

Edited by JakeByr

I am having this same issue posted in the thread above. I've downloaded the private channel app to my roku and made the changes listed above. The problem now is none of my files will play. They get to around 50% on the progress bar of my roku and then quit out back to the selection screen. Not really sure if this is a problem in my server configuration or the roku? I will try and restart the roku and see if that helps. 

Please try the beta channel or zip channel here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/8001-emby-for-roku-channel/

Thanks.

• 1 year later...