Cover Art plugin is causing Web Client to crash, and server to lag.

digitalirony

sbrindley

I've disabled about everything I could think of, stopped processes, stopped services, disabled any startup item and background apps that may have been running and still to no avail...  Ideas anyone?  I'm still experiencing the same issues.  Disable "Cover Art" and all is well again.

sbrindley

I've tried IE/Chrome (from the server windows pc itself), Chrome/Firefox from 2 additional pc's and Chrome/Safari/Firefox from 2 separate Mac systems.

techywarrior

Ebr, I've experienced similar every since the switch to ImageMagik (although that could also be coincedence) where if the browser requests a lot of images that aren't in it's cache the server appears to hang and I need to reboot it.

I don't even think that it's always Cover Art that is the cause since I think that at this point all the images are created (or does CA/Emby clear it's cached images after a certain period of no access?).

I can currently trigger the issue trying to go to my Collections section. I only have ~65 collections but the images aren't cached in my browser and going to that page will hang the server. I've waited a long time in the past thinking that perhaps CA has queued all the images for processing but none ever arrive. Once this happens you can't do anything from that particular browser and from other browsers you can access the server but trying to call any images for movies etc. will hang the response to that browser as well.

I think you still have me on Skype so PM me or Skype me if you want to see the issue over TeamViewer.

• Like 2

sbrindley

Yeah, it's unfortunate because I absolutely love Cover Art but for the time being I think I'm going to have to uninstall it or I could uninstall Auto Box Sets.  It just seems like the two don't like each other in the browser.  I'm experiencing the same issue: 

I can currently trigger the issue trying to go to my Collections section. I only have ~65 collections but the images aren't cached in my browser and going to that page will hang the server. I've waited a long time in the past thinking that perhaps CA has queued all the images for processing but none ever arrive...

Thanks for looking into this guys  :)

~S

digitalirony

I can currently trigger the issue trying to go to my Collections section. I only have ~65 collections but the images aren't cached in my browser and going to that page will hang the server. I've waited a long time in the past thinking that perhaps CA has queued all the images for processing but none ever arrive. Once this happens you can't do anything from that particular browser and from other browsers you can access the server but trying to call any images for movies etc. will hang the response to that browser as well.

Also, I notice many of the titles on normal pages do not load cover art(or any art for that matter). Usually new titles. Eventually it all loads, but even after I check the metadata, and see that its downloaded, the browser doesn't seem to download them for a long time.

So perhaps there is some sort of issue with loading images from the server?

digitalirony

Response Status

Error Code

AggregateException

One or more errors occurred.

Stack Trace

[GetItemImage: 12/4/2015 8:56:12 PM]: [REQUEST: {Id:02eca9e4906ef052930133720a9e340e,MaxWidth:500,Quality:90,Tag:74c08fbcd2638c6aafe6c90058bcd40a,EnableImageEnhancers:True,AddPlayedIndicator:False,Type:Thumb}] System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg". File name: '/data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg' at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int) at CommonIO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileShare fileShare) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory+<GetStaticFileResult>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory+<GetStaticResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[serviceStack.Web.IHasOptions].GetResultCore (Boolean waitCompletionNotification) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[serviceStack.Web.IHasOptions].get_Result () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticResult (IRequest requestContext, MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.StaticResultOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticFileResult (IRequest requestContext, MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.StaticFileResultOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "/data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg". File name: '/data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg' at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int) at CommonIO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileShare fileShare) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory+<GetStaticFileResult>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory+<GetStaticResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 <---

Errors

digitalirony
2015-12-04 12:56:12.4133 Error - ImageProcessor: Error encoding image

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5781.4

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh

Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.4

Processor count: 4

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server

Mono: 4.0.3 (Stable 4.0.3.20/d6946b4 Wed Aug 19 11:59:01 UTC 2015)

Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

unable to open image `/data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/2692

ImageMagickSharp.WandException

at ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1[imageMagickSharp.MagickWand].CheckErrorBool (Int32 status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand.OpenImage (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand..ctor (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage (System.String inputPath, System.String outputPath, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageForma

t selectedOutputFormat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2015-12-04 12:56:12.4133 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception

*** Error Report ***

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional (Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[serviceStack.Web.IHasOptions].GetResultCore (Boolean waitCompletionNotification) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[serviceStack.Web.IHasOptions].get_Result () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticResult (IRequest requestContext, MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.StaticResultOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticFileResult (IRequest requestContext, MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.StaticFileResultOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService+<GetImageResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

Could not find file "/data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)

at CommonIO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Boolean isAsync) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetFileStream (System.String path, FileShare fileShare) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory+<GetStaticFileResult>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory+<GetStaticResult>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2015-12-04 12:56:12.4133 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /Items/02eca9e4906ef052930133720a9e340e/Images/Thumb?maxWidth=500&tag=74c08fbcd2638c6aafe6c90058bcd40a&enableImageEnhancers=true&quality=90

*** Error Report ***

ServiceStack.HttpError

No Stack Trace Available

digitalirony

I can confirm that the file /data/Movies/Goosebumps (2015)/landscape.jpg does not exist. 

I dunno if this is just a 'searching for a standard file in a path, but didn't find it, so won't load it' sorta message, or if for some reason it is trying to explicitly load an image that isn't there? And if so why?

yardameus

Ebr, I've experienced similar every since the switch to ImageMagik (although that could also be coincedence) where if the browser requests a lot of images that aren't in it's cache the server appears to hang and I need to reboot it.

I don't even think that it's always Cover Art that is the cause since I think that at this point all the images are created (or does CA/Emby clear it's cached images after a certain period of no access?).

I think you still have me on Skype so PM me or Skype me if you want to see the issue over TeamViewer.

Same for me.  Using Chrome.  

yardameus

I just reinstalled it (4.0.9.4), but this time I tried using only plain or ignore on all the covers (plain for the ones I wanted overlays on) and there was almost no noticeable issue.  Particularly when going into collections.  I always used the diamondcd treatment prior to this.  Of course this way there is no handy overlay letting you easily identify a collection.

digitalirony

ebr if you wanna make some sort of debug build that will dump lots of info/errors etc I can totally build and run it. But there are obviously other people with this same issue, and probably more that aren't reporting it here, or don't use that plugin for whatever reason, and I don't wanna sound rude/harsh/etc but I do pay for a license/support/paid plugins, so I would very much like to make sure I get what I am paying for ya know? So what can I do to help get this resolved?

yardameus

For me, the issue seems to be with BoxSets.  I have most everything set to ignore except for movies, episodes and thumbs.  (Everything that will show the subtitle overlay).  Set like this I have no issue.  If I use any treatment on Boxsets, I run into issues.

For me, the issue seems to be with BoxSets.  I have most everything set to ignore except for movies, episodes and thumbs.  (Everything that will show the subtitle overlay).  Set like this I have no issue.  If I use any treatment on Boxsets, I run into issues.

That's good info and coordinates with what Techy reported above.

Can you confirm which version of CA you are using?

ebr if you wanna make some sort of debug build that will dump lots of info/errors etc I can totally build and run it. But there are obviously other people with this same issue, and probably more that aren't reporting it here, or don't use that plugin for whatever reason, and I don't wanna sound rude/harsh/etc but I do pay for a license/support/paid plugins, so I would very much like to make sure I get what I am paying for ya know? So what can I do to help get this resolved?

We're going to try this in steps.  This first one I don't expect to make much difference but let's just see.

Please replace your CoverArt dll with this [link removed - version is available via system] one in your plug-ins folder and then re-start your server and test.

oldschool

I tried with the new dll. It loaded more images, but still caused the same freezing problem on my TV Shows page. When I uninstall CoverArt, it works flawlessly. The freezing happens on TV Shows and on the Collections page. I haven't tested much further than that.

Okay, step two - re-download from the same link in the post above, replace the dll and restart the server.

When testing, be sure to bring the page up more than once so that, if CA is actually re-processing images, you are seeing true normal load speed instead of initial image generation.  Thx.

oldschool

This time the page loaded immediately (very quickly), and the images that were loaded in a prior session the last time I opened the page popped up very quickly, but the ones that didn't load the last time did not load at all (more than half the images are not showing).

I just hit the refresh button, and the page didn't do anything. It's just sitting and spinning as usual - as if the page isn't responding. Even a Shift+refresh does nothing if I'm on the TV Shows page.

oldschool

I rebooted the server, and opened the TV Shows page, and this time about 90% of the images were loaded. The 6 that didn't load were at the bottom of the initial screen. When I click the refresh button, again, it is sitting and spinning, and is not responsive.

Okay, one more time - re-download, etc.

I don't think this version can be the answer but, if it works without any slow-downs, it will tell me I'm on the right path.

BTW - this version will probably cause a lot of your images to have to be re-generated via CoverArt so, let that happen and then test.  Thanks!

oldschool

I'm not sure what's going on with this one, but my server doesn't even want to respond when I start it up and go to the front page. I've tried restarting twice and the browser just sits and spins. How long should I wait to see whether the server responds to requests?

I'm not sure what's going on with this one, but my server doesn't even want to respond when I start it up and go to the front page. I've tried restarting twice and the browser just sits and spins. How long should I wait to see whether the server responds to requests?

I don't think that is related to this new version.  I think something else is going on there.

oldschool

OK - third time restarting the server, and things look like they're responding now.

I went to TV shows, and about 6 images showed up, one after the other, and then it quit serving images.2 others further down the page were also loaded, but no other images are loading now.