[DVD5 playback] Sound not in sync

EricJan

Hi,

I might have missed something again; current hardware/software is a Pi2, running Kodi Beta, Emby plugin and the Helix skin. Lately, I am experiencing problems with the sound playback when playing DVD5 TS files utilizing AC3 sound encoding. It is only on the Pi that this occurs. 

When playing, the sounds starts lagging increasingly, only to freeze the image (or complete playback) every 5 to 10 minutes. Then it starts fresh. Is this a known problem that I can correct with a simple setting? The obvious parameters available on sound during playback I tried to no avail.

TIA!

Angelblue05

How are your settings in kodi settings > system > audio output? To see maximum settings, change your setting level to expert.

The settings are (sorry if mistranslated):

Device for sound:  HDMI

# of channels: 5.1

Output configuration: Optimized

Stereo upmix: off

Keep original volume when reducing: on

Boost centre channel: 0dB

Resamplingquality: Medium

Keep audio device alive: 1 minute

Support 8 channel HD audio decoding: on

Interface sounds: Only when playback has stopped

Activate pass-through: on

Pass-through device: HDMI

AC3 receiver: on

E-AC3 receiver: on

DTS receiver: on

Angelblue05

Have you tried disabling the pass-through to see if this fixes your issue? To be honest, you may have to check the kodi forums for a solution...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, found it. Posting here, just in case someone runs into the same problem. I got it backwards, it is a video issue, not sound. The solution is to disable the OMX player on the system>settings>video playback>acceleration. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I did. It has worked in the past, this is something that occurred only recently. Possibly on account of all the updates I receive (running betas). Time for a new and clean install and assess if it still works out of the box.