Backup settings for reinstall

heula

I'm having some issues with the themevideos and started a conersation with Radeon. It seems that not everything is stored in the log where that should be the case and radeon told me another user had this same issue and a reinstall of the server was the only solution.

Can I do a re-install without losing all my settings. What do I need to backup?

Or can I fix this issue of not storing everything in the log another way?

Edited by heula

none of this is true. don't bother with a re-install.

Okay, but why isn't everything in the logs than?

radeon

Just to add to this, @@Cheesegeezer was having trouble getting any debug logging working in his mbs plugin, he gave the exact same build to me and it all worked fine. I looked over the code and his logging lines was absolutely fine. (heula and cheese both had debug logging switched on) in their mbs configs.

The only why cheese was able to solve it was a reinstall of his mbs.

Cheesegeezer

Yeah, its all true, and had me chasing my tail for a week trying to work out why i wasnt getting any of my logging lines in the log.

I'd also like to add that _logger.Debug doesnt work for me, i have to use _logger.Info to see any lines in the log.

radeon

Ah, @@heula,

i may be wrong here then, as Cheese still doesnt have debug logs working at all. so dont do any reinstalls just yet! I'll just have to work with you using info logging instead.

Lets see what the others say.

Ah, @@heula,

i may be wrong here then, as Cheese still doesnt have debug logs working at all. so dont do any reinstalls just yet! I'll just have to work with you using info logging instead.

Lets see what the others say.

Not doing anything but wanted to know from luke what I can do to prevent losing my settings. Just in case.

For example I know I can easily backup my metabrowser 2 settings and perhaps this can be done for mb3 too.

It is all there. The problem isn't what you think it is.

Okay,I heard Radeon has contacted you already about this.