Artwork not displaying

kandiman

kandiman

Hi all, I have an Asustor 5004T NAS, download the android emby app I can browse all my files and read the metadata but the artwork/backdrops are not showing.

I have all the artwork/metadata/backdrops within each movie/tv show folders

Hi, welcome. Has the initial emby server library scan completed? Can you see artwork by browsing the web interface?

kandiman

Hi Luke the library scan is completed and I did refresh people. It's weird too I can't see see any artwork in the web interface.

Maybe it's an old server version?

This is the only server available for asustor nas Version: 3.0.5724.r4

Yes it needs to be updated. The asustor rep is on our release announcements notification email so he's definitely aware. can you make a post in the asustor forums about this? They should update to the latest. thanks.

Hi Luke, Kandiman,

I have exactly the same issue with my Asustor as5002t. The initial library scan crashed but went through fine the 2nd time. No images are shown no matter what browser or platform I use. The images are there as I can see and open them from my media folder they just won't show in Emby.

kandiman

Damn it so it's an older version saves me pulling my hair out to work out why the artwork is not showing.

I will jump on the asustor forum now

Please note - it's hard to guarantee anything so please don't shoot us if you're still having an issue after the update :) But it will be much easier to help you once you're on the latest.

kandiman

I have manually updated emby with this version

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/blob/master/Server/MediaBrowser.Mono.zip/

I only copied the files in the bin folder to the nas.

Everything seems to be working great at the moment I noticed in the orginal download from asustor appcentral of emby the bin folder had 52 files and with the Emby Server I downloaded the bin folder had 53 files.

Maybe the missing file was the key for the artwork now showing in emby

kandiman

Thanks Luke I will use the one you suggested. Should I just do the same and only copy the contents in the bin folder to the asustor?

kandiman

With the refresh people are the actors images suppose to show?

If yes how may I display the actors images? Because at the moment nothing is showing