Extrafanart directories suddenly appearing?

Ian-Highlander
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Ian-Highlander

Hi,

Just re-installing from scratch again to try and see if I can finally get the images on EMC issues resolved.

However (and nothing to do with EMC), I've noticed that this time round, my nicely organised folders have suddenly got folders appearing randomly in some of the tv series called "extrafanart". Have I missed an option somewhere? From what I can tell from a very quick read around this is used for Kodi? I don't and never will use Kodi so are these new extra folders compulsory or is there an easy way to switch them off again and get rid?

I have all the backdrops, thumbs, logos etc exactly as I want them, I don't need even more images taking up space in my library and I'm a real OCD old git and it's making me twitch :lol:

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Latchmor

Hi Ian, I don't use Kodi either and I'm only guessing but it may be this option below? I've had the dev server for ages and can't remember switching this on or off but it's off on mine as you can see.

564f74126dbed_Capture.jpg

Ian-Highlander

Yeah I switched that one off before I even started scanning my library back in. But that one is referring to using extrathumbs instead of extrafanart, but I don't have the thumbs directory just the extrafanart one appearing all over the place  :blink:

Ian-Highlander

Ahhh, that's what I missed. Thanks @@Happy2Play

Every other install I've changed a couple of config lines to get the appearance how I wanted it, as @@Luke believes this may be the cause of the issues I've been seeing, I had not touched the config file this time round but that one line is going to have to be changed, I don't want those extra directories and I also want my episode images to be stored within the metadata directory in each season too which it doesn't without legacy turned on.

Edited by Ian-Highlander

that one is safe. that one can be toggled as a preference. with the next (major) server release we're going to try to remove as many of the config settings as we can that might cause harm, so that there's never any question.

• Like 2