Regression Test needed

7illusions

7illusions

Hi all,

Been a while, and while I've been busy working, Luke and others have continued to work on the Server in an amazing speed.

So, just to get back in the game I want to release a version that includes the updated Emby packages.

So, here's a new build with no new  features, but should be on par with current server.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!156680&authkey=!AGWBttf87hKHFdI&ithint=file%2czip

If you can just run some simple testing to see that Everything plays a it should etc it would be super.

What I've tested, HEVC should work just fine with directplay with this version, but Another look from you folks would be great.

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 4

Hi 7

How is it going? Is your work project in production. That first elevation can be shall we say stressful? ;)

Luke et al. have been busy here. The naming of the test version you posted conflicts with the current release. Release is 355, test is 353. I do have a machine I can uninstall the production release. But we normally don't have to do that.

Thanks  

FrostByte

Install went fine.  Playback of video (MKV w/DTS, DD and PCM) and music (WMA) with no issues.  DTS still transcodes, but expected that.  Will have to encode something with HEVC to test after I'm done ripping Man from UNCLE

Hi,

On the dev server branch, so my mileage may vary ;)

I know you asked about playback specifically. But a couple quick UI things.

1) Luke did some magic and Music Videos and Home Movies are now working great from the main hub. Awesome!! Frostbyte if I recall you group you music vids under the music hub, may want to double check that.

2) It is in the prod release, but can you take a quick look at art for music genres? It looks like it is looking for art under TV and movie genres not Music?

564e0e730c332_Screenshot3.png

Playback:

Concur with Frostbyte Video seems fine. Tested audio, flac and mp3 seem fine as well.

LiveTV is somewhat challenged (maybe a dev server thing) Attempts to open channel, failed message. If you click retry plays ok, but the transcode process on the server never ends. Stop or exit from the app doesn't kill it. If I try to manually kill the ffmpeg task, it just re-spawn's. You have to restart the server to kill it. 

-vicpa

• Like 2

FrostByte

I know you asked about playback specifically. But a couple quick UI things.

1) Luke did some magic and Music Videos and Home Movies are now working great from the main hub. Awesome!! Frostbyte if I recall you group you music vids under the music hub, may want to double check that.

I got another server and installed fresh, so things are a little different.  I'm impressed you remembered though :) 

1.  When I click on Music videos from the main screen I can see my music videos.  However, if I click on Music, then Music videos there is nothing displayed.  Actually, if you look real close you can see them for a second, then they disappear.  This is probably a bug.  Either the videos should show on both or the option to click Music videos should not be available from under Music if not going to show.

2. Currently I have no Playlists.  Deleted accidently in another client :(  Anyhow, can the Playlist option be hidden if no playlists are available?  It currently brings up a blank page if no playlist is available.  Not a big deal as I will be creating another, but some users may never intend to have one and the option shouldn't be there

Edited by FrostByte

Hi All,

Tested playback of all manner of things. The only problem is LiveTV. As noted above you get they video failed to play, if you click retry it works, but that sends the server into fits.

I tested an HLS TV stream and it works on the IOs client so may not be a dev issue. I posted in the LiveTV forum that you can't get more than one HLS stream working at a time however. this is still the case. Will post that in server test area.

-Vicpa

Hi 7,

It seems in dev that hls streaming of live tv is challenged It was working on the ios client but currently not even there. Can we cut to the bottom line? what is the app expecting in setting for live tv. I have been spending time with the "basestreaming class" changes have been made to support qsv encoding etc.

Can you just give me the optimal ffmpeg settings for a live tv stream. Input is going to be mpeg2 either 720 or 1080 and ac3  audio. This is not going to change based on tuner model and country.

I am pretty sure I can hack it in to test. :)

Thanks

also is the app expecting a response after requesting the stream prior to the actual stream address?

While I am at it can the app play the Microsoft adaptive streaming  format. manifest file etc?

Edited by Vicpa

• 3 weeks later...
7illusions

Ok, once again it's been a while..

We've bought a new house, got a lot of interesting stuff happening at work etc. (Like releasing the new Volvo S90 to public for example..)

But, nevertheless, a new build is up. I know I said no new features, but I've actually added one anyways. Adding a new server gives the option to choose https. It does reqire a proper certificate on the server though, so I have't been able to test it my self and it could be that I will have to pull it prior to release.

Also fixes the audio playback slider bug reported by @@FrostByte

• Like 1

FrostByte

It says a higher version is already installed. 

"Windows cannot install package 436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_3.4.5.356_neutral__77hd5e1v1hqs4 because it has
version 3.4.5.356. A higher version 3.4.6.354 of this package is already installed."

Should I uninstall the one from the store?  Usually the beta has a higher version so not sure if I got the right one or not

Edit: I did get a new message that it wanted to install a certificate so I assume I grabbed the correct one, but thinking the one in the store will just overwrite this one again unless I turn off auto update of apps

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ahh, you're right.  The 3.4.6.354 was the last beta, probably just a mix up in release numbers.  Will uninstall the old beta then

FrostByte

I think the fix for the progress bar is still broke.  If you click on the progress bar to the right just once the dot moves, but doesn't actually skip forward.  If you hold down the mouse a little longer or click a second time real quick the song actually skips forward.  If you wait too long for the second click it does not skip forward.  However, once you click on the bar the album art then never changes again even after the song changes to the next and the bar doesn't move anymore

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 weeks later...
7illusions

And he's back!

Sorry folks, this is starting to sound like a bad excuse, but work has been hysterical lately. Ended up doing a prototype of an idea, that turned into a real deal thing for the CES fair and on top of that a commercial videoshoot for it.. So, Emby ended up with no love for a while.

But, now that is over and done with, and a updated build has been posted.

So, please, try the latest build and let me know if it is something that can be submitted to the public.

TIA

• Like 2

FrostByte

Clicking on the progress bar still stops it from moving while the song plays.  Does not jump the track forward.  Will test more things, not sure what was changed though

7illusions

And a new build.. fixes a parameter when creating syncjobs.

Clicking on the progress bar still stops it from moving while the song plays.  Does not jump the track forward.  Will test more things, not sure what was changed though

What's changed is mainly updated nuget-packages, hence the regression test. Features will be for next release. :)

• Like 1

7illusions

And a new build.

Fixes:

Disable WakeOnLan if app is running in background ( background  sync etc)

In syncjob details view, show the correct quality option

• Like 1

FrostByte

Just loaded it now and playing with it, thanks

Here's a little batch file I use to install if anyone wants to use it.  Basically it just bypasses the ExecutionPolicy if you didn't already have your registry set to always be unrestricted and installs automatically.  I got tired of starting powershell every time and entering all these commands to install

Create file Add-AppDevPackage​.bat and place in the downloaded folder

@ECHO OFF
PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -Command "& {Start-Process PowerShell.exe -ArgumentList '-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File ""%~dpn0.ps1""' -Verb RunAs}"

7illusions

Hi All,

Everthing appears to be status quo here.

Good. Once this is out the door I'll start testing some with playback improvements.

Cool,

I have some requests in mind :P

-Just so you remember status quo means LiveTV isn't right. But it's the dev server transcoding mess hasn't been right in months.