fanart.tv

Kode

New forum so thought I'd do a new post about fanart.tv :)

For anyone interested the servers are up for renewal in a month or so, so if you are planning to donate now is the time (we are currently only at 74% of the target), you can donate here

As many of you know we provide a repository of high quality artwork for movies, tv and music and are used by lots of different services including MediaBrowser, XBMC, Plex and MediaPortal either directly or through the use of plugins and scrapers.

A quick round up to show some statistics that were posted on the old forum compared to today (the old forum is a bit vagie on when posts were created):

Over 2 years ago

Visits to the root of the site: 15,781

Hits to the API: 379,772

Unique API visitors: Unknown

About 1 year ago

Visits to root of the site: 23,418

Hits to the API: 12,483,789

Unique API visitors: Around 400,000

Now

Visits to root of the site: 38,067

Hits to the API: 58,946,080

Unique API visitors: 2,488,813

So while visits to the site havent increased that much, the API has exploded.

• Like 5

Many thanks @@Cheesegeezer and @@ebr

If anyone wants to contribute but can't afford to do it with money, I would love for someone to come up with some really good posts about mediabrowser for the blog as it would be a win win for us both, you guys reach a wider audience and we get some interesting content, an introduction to mediabrowser, any tutorials, showcase some themes, etc, anything along those lines.

Cheesegeezer

Wow, this is great to have you post here. And welcome to the forums @@Kode

I hope that you will continue to post updates for new features to the api, etc here.

Thanks

I encourage everyone to support Fanart.tv with a donation if you can.  We depend on them as well as other providers for our data but they do provide the highest quality artwork in most instances.

The MB Core devs make a donation to Fanart (and the tvdb) each month with a portion of the supporter donations we get.  So I encourage everyone who enjoys the great logos, banners, thumbs, discs etc. you see in MB to do the same.

• Like 5

kreeturez
MediaBrowser also made it to #5 on the most API traffic this year :)

http://fanart.tv/2013/12/top-10-api-traffic-this-year/

Holy smoke, I've used half the products on that list in the past 6 months (MB3/XBMC/ArtworkDownloader/MCM) - all without ever even having heard of fanart.tv!

Donated! Thanks for an awesome (if slightly unsung!) service, man! Appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks @@kreeturez we do have a bit of a problem gaining exposure, but we are doing our best.

Still hoping someone decides to do some posts on mediabrowser for the blog as I think a lot of our users would find mediabrowser really interesting.

If whoever writes it has an account on fanart.tv I can promote them to a contributor so they can create the post directly, this would be the easiest way because they could upload any images they wanted directly then, but if they want to do it some other way I could then import it.

If whoever writes it has an account on fanart.tv I can promote them to a contributor so they can create the post directly, this would be the easiest way because they could upload any images they wanted directly then, but if they want to do it some other way I could then import it.

Thanks. @@Cheesegeezer any chance you can take this one? you just need a fanart account then kode will give you access to the blog. then you just need an article with pretty screenshots of how MB uses fanart images.

Cheesegeezer

@@Luke yeah no problems bud, i'll get set up tonight on fanart and drop him a line and go from there ;)

@@Luke yeah no problems bud, i'll get set up tonight on fanart and drop him a line and go from there ;)

Thanks. I won't bug you with more of these. Kode just asked us over a month ago and I wasn't able to recruit any help. So just want to get it done.

Cheesegeezer

Thanks. I won't bug you with more of these. Kode just asked us over a month ago and I wasn't able to recruit any help. So just want to get it done.

I have to agree, it doesn't look good at all!!!

I've updated your access to contributor, so on the main site now you should have the option to create new posts (should be an option in the admin bar for New / Post) I've also replied to your forum post, we'd be happy with any content, so whatever you feel up to really.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

I've updated your access to contributor, so on the main site now you should have the option to create new posts (should be an option in the admin bar for New / Post) I've also replied to your forum post, we'd be happy with any content, so whatever you feel up to really.

Hey kode, many thanks for your help, i'll get something together probably tomorrow now and get it up on fanart.

Thanks again my friend!!