Periodic Incremental Sync

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

Feature request here. Would it be possible to have the option to run a periodic incremental sync for the desired time period (1hour, 6hours, 24hours, etc)

This would save on having to do a full sync everytime there are lots of changes on the server. On low powered devices this can take a long time.

xnappo

Yes - if you are seeing some sort of large sync delay, something is wrong.  There is no big sync event going on, it syncs as soon as then content is detected by the server.

Angelblue05

The best thing you can do is post your Kodi log when you see it happen. Then we can maybe see the reason why it's taking so long. I really want to leave the syncing process on event. Otherwise, it becomes very complex.

I will start working on the add-on again, soon hopefully. I've been sick with a nasty cold for the past few days. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runtimesandbox

Oh I see. Sorry still learning how the plugins ins and outs work.

It is working as designed, its just my setup that means it won't run the incremental.

I have multiple kodi profiles for different users to track watched status. Use a plugin to log out the user after X period of inactivity. Seems to stop plugin running when user is logged out so the incremental sync doesn't run.

When they're logged in and I add something it does sync fine.

As far as I can tell there is no easy solution for my use case

Edited by spudy12
  • Like 1

runtimesandbox

Yes I do have the plugin installed and the incremental sync does run if not a lot has changed or something is added whilst a profile is logged in. 

The issue for me is that the profiles are logged out the majority of the time.