Quick question about meta data.

littleB
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I found the following in the FAQ section upgrading from MB2, which is great it answered most of my question perfectly.

"Q: I use MetaBrowser or manually made lots of custom meta data. Will I lose that all?

A: No, your custom meta data can all be retained. Once you install MB3 server you can change settings in the web client. BEFORE you add your library go to the Metadata section in the web client settings (click cog in top right corner). You can choose to disable internet metadata fetching as well as changing the image saving convention. There are custom settings for each special "type" as well as an advanced tab where you can turn off automatic updates to the metadata."

However, I still have one minor detail needing to be filled in, does MB3 use "movies.xml" files to store metadata?

Of Note:  I started using Media Browser back in the summer of 2009, I must say it is quite an excellent product for custom management of one's media sources.  I currently use Media Browser version 2.2.9, this version uses "mymovies.xml" files to retrieve my custom meta data.  However, because of My Movies encryption long ago in the past, I made some of my own modifications to Media Browser so the meta data would be fetched from "movies.xml" files.

My apologies if the information lies somewhere in the forums I am currently under time constraints. Please direct if so, thank you!

I would like to also thank Ebr and Luke if they are still around for making such a flawless program after all my years of use in version 2.2.9.