Recorded tv vs tv shows

Pelon

Why do we have two places to find and watch tv shows?

Havsh

Ok here is my thinking, let's say we have a show like the big bang theory, three is a current season and past seasons.

Part seasons are ripped from discs, while the current season is recorded over the air.

So now for the same program, if I want to watch a past season, I go to one place and if I want to watch a current season I go to another place.

I have 2 possible approaches, one is to use the existing auto organize, point to the recording folder, except that it would look at the metadata for information on where to put the file as the name of the file would not be descriptive.

The second approach, is to look at the recording folder to populate the database and sore everything in one place even if the files are separate.

We are working towards better integration between the two.  For now, you can use the auto organize capability to move your recordings into your actual library.

Yes but the issues I have crop up is that empty folders for series don't delete or hide.... So if it's not something I'd keep it still shows an available show which is annoying... I also get a mediabrowser record folder that is the temp folder for severwmc I believe that doesn't get deleted... Also I get cannot delete on extenders for episodes I get an unknown error... Works on clients though.... Just a couple suggestions for development!