New iOS app bug report

esseki

Hi,

like lots of people i have spent the last days refreshing the "status of iOS app" forum thread. When i discovered that the new iOS app was finally available, i immediately downloaded it. First of all i would like to congratulate the team behind this app. It is still young, but it looks very promising to me.

Then I just wanted to share some issues that i have been having playing with the app since yesterday :

1) as the app is requiring transcoding for most of my files, and as my Arm based server is not powerful enough to handle transcoding, i sometimes have to wait for ages on the page below before the move is launched :

5648b73bb3d3f_IMG_0057.png

Sometimes, when the files is in HD, the movie does not even start. Fair enough, i know that my server is not capable of transcoding. But my problem is that when i click on the cross in the top right corner to close the player, the server does not kill the corresponding transcoding job. For example, on the screenshot below, we can see two concurrent transcoding jobs when i have no video being played on my iPad (i just tried to launch a video, i then closed the player before the movie starts. I did this twice.)

5648b8e95c8eb_Sanstitre.png

I just would like to precise that if the player starts playing the movie and i click on the cross, the transcoding job is killed without problem.

2) the second problem may be related to the first one. When i close the player after a movie failed to start, the bottom navigation bar does not show up again. So i can hardly navigate through the app. My only option is to use the back arrow in the top left corner. See the screenshots below :

This is how the app looks before i launch the player :

5648bbbe602de_IMG_0058.png

And here is how it looks just after i close the player

5648bbe422db2_IMG_0059.png

3) finally the last problem i am having is about external player. I tried to use VLC installed on my iPad as external player (to test if it would help with my transcoding issues) with no chance. When I click on the "Play with external player" window

5648bd7013971_IMG_0060.png

I can see the little blue "loading" circle for a second and that's it. Nothing happens.

5648bda57e3df_IMG_0055.png

I just would like to precise that i have an iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.1 installed.

Let me know if this kind of bug report is helpful and if you need anything else to help you in your investigations.

thank you

esseki

Thanks, we'll take a look. There is currently a known issue where closing playback before it has actually started will leave some resources open. It's something we'll resolve for a future release.