What payment model should I be following?

AndyBak

AndyBak

Hi there,

Having paid for the previous iOS apps that are now defunct I want to make sure I follow the current steps for my needs.

I don't currently have a premium subscription and I want all family members to be able to use the iOS app on their iPhones/iPads. Each family member has their own apple ID but we have family sharing enabled for Appstore purchases.

What do I need to do to get playback enabled on all devices?

Thanks

Andy

overClocked!

In this case, your best bet is going to be to subscribe to some tier of Emby Premiere. Unlocking one device using the In-App Purchase option will not unlock on your other family plan devices.

So, you could go with the monthly subscription to apply to your server for $6.99 (or is it $4.99) from the Emby website. That will unlock for all your devices while you evaluate if you commit to it beyond that time period.

We all paid for the previous 3rd party iOS apps that were eventually abandoned and haven't kept up with the rapid development of the product's back-end. I still used the old Media Browser Client iPad app until this recent official app release by the Emby core team. While I will miss the beautiful artwork transitions with the old app, I now have the ability to use ALL the new features that have been introduced over the past 2 years: LiveTV, Photos, Music, casting, and soon, mobile sync will be added. The old apps cannot do these things and are very limited.

Just do it, man. It's more than worth it. [emoji108]

• Like 1