Trailer Plugin and cinema mode

totalhavoc

totalhavoc

I just installed the trailer plugin and turned on cinema mode but I can't seem to get it to work. Do I have to use the archive function in the trailer plugin for cinema mode to play trailers? I have tried to get cinema mode to work on the iOS app, kodi, and the web interface and all I get is the movie no trailers beforehand. I did make sure it is enable for my profile too.

Thanks for any help.

totalhavoc

In the web interface I see a trailers tab and I can play trailers. I also have a trailer button on most but not all movies in the web interface. I do not have a trailer tab in the iOS app but I do have a trailer button when going into a movie. I just can't seem to get the trailers to play when choosing a movie to play.

totalhavoc

So it started working on my Kodi boxes. I checked just to see this morning and it was working. I will check when I get home tonight to see if it is working on iOS and web.

I have seen a couple of people say it takes a day or two to start working but I'm not sure what process needs to complete before it does.

totalhavoc

Thanks for the responses. It does seem to be working everywhere I use it except in the new iOS app. I get two playback failure messages and then the movie starts to play. I assume the failures are the two trailers.

mgworek

When trailers were not working, did you're movie every play? I have tried a few times to get trailers to work but whenever I enable Cinema Mode, i cant even get my movies to play on the web interface. I have the plugin and see trailers within the plugin but if I go start a movie, it spins and just stops. If I disable Cinema Mode, the movie starts playing right away. I will leave it turned on and wait a day or two and test again.

When trailers were not working, did you're movie every play? I have tried a few times to get trailers to work but whenever I enable Cinema Mode, i cant even get my movies to play on the web interface. I have the plugin and see trailers within the plugin but if I go start a movie, it spins and just stops. If I disable Cinema Mode, the movie starts playing right away. I will leave it turned on and wait a day or two and test again.

That actually sounds more like a playback issue with the trailers themselves. 

mgworek

That actually sounds more like a playback issue with the trailers themselves. 

I never actually tried playing a trailer from the plugin. Just tried and nothing happened. Spun and just stopped. My server is in the middle of doing a scan so once it is done, I will try again and grab the logs. Would love to get this working. My wife always asks me what happened to the trailers when watching a movie.