New iOS Emby App Feedback

bondfreak

bondfreak

Hi guys,

I was excited to see the release of the new Emby app for iOS and just installed on my iPad Mini and iPhone. I like the navigation very much. The Netflix style scrolling is pretty awesome. Nevertheless I could not playback any content (ok, playback on the device itself costs me a 1-time pay or emby premium, which i could therefore not test).

I tried to play the media on my AppleTV, which I though would just take the media and do a fullscreen playback as e.g. the youtube app would do. Unfortunately screen mirroring is required to be activated, which creates these nasty black bars on both sides of the screen. When clicking the play button, nothing happened. I was not able to play any content (video or audio) on the AppleTV. :(

Nevertheless Kodi on my media center worked like a charm. It was just a bit confusing to see my Kodi twice in the dropdown menu (1x standard direct playback, 1x AirPlay mode). I could rename the server so both names are not identical, but it would be nice to see an icon which indicates the player is a certain type of device (chromecast, airplay, directplay, ...).

By the way: When using a Mac to connect to the web client via browser, the appleTV devices are not shown in the dropdown list :(

PS: Cause you asked for it in the blog post: I would love to see the vlc video function in the iOS app, so transcoding is not required anymore.

Regards,

Bondfreak

Edited by bondfreak

overClocked!

PS: Cause you asked for it in the blog post: I would love to see the vlc video function in the iOS app, so transcoding is not required anymore.

Regards,

Bondfreak

Hello.

If you haven't already, cast your vote for this feature here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/27549-who-wants-transcoding/&do=findComment&comment=267535

By the way: When using a Mac to connect to the web client via browser, the appleTV devices are not shown in the dropdown list  :(

Hi, welcome. As far as this goes, there is no way for browsers to discover apple tv devices on your network. You need a native app to perform that function that has access to the required networking protocols.

Currently screen mirroring is required for apple tv but this is something we can improve in the future.

Hi. Why have I got to pay for the app again? I have the media browser app. And I have to buy another app? Being ripped off

Hi, that app came from a separate community developer and you can continue to use it for as long as that developer will provide support for it. This is a new app and it is the first iOS app released by the Emby team.