Auto Boxset adds [MB Auto Set] to the collection names.

Koleckai Silvestri
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

Koleckai Silvestri

t7kpHKe.jpg

Installed Emby on a new machine to act as the Server (Windows, Stable). The Auto Boxset is adding text to the collection title. Is there anyway to turn off the [MB Auto Set] addition to the name in the Auto Boxset plugin? I don't see a setting anywhere.

• Solution
Vidman

I had this on a newly added auto boxset and went to metadata editor and clicked identify and selected the right item and it came good, I assume that after being added the boxset didn't refresh properly

• Like 1

That is indicative of some sort of metadata issue as that is the actual folder name.  Try refreshing the set.

fraenhawk

All new sets created in the last few weeks are doing this to me as well.

and it's not the whole folder name showing. The foldername the plugin creates is collections\Evil Dead Collection [MB Auto Set] [boxset]

while the name being set in metadata is Evil Dead Collection [MB Auto Set]

Note the [boxset] is not included. Makes me think something's changed in the plugin that it's forgetting to strip the [MB Auto Set] out of the name when creating them.

Edited by fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Yep, just looked through the logs and confirmed. Added a bunch of new movies to the server, forced a refresh on the plugin and saw this in the log:

2015-11-21 09:25:47.3658 Info - Auto Box Sets: Verified set 121938 as The Hobbit Collection - creating...

2015-11-21 09:25:47.7090 Debug - ProviderManager: Saving C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections\The Hobbit Collection [MB Auto Set] [boxset] to Emby Xml.
2015-11-21 09:25:47.7246 Debug - App: Saving C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections\The Hobbit Collection [MB Auto Set] [boxset] to database.

So then I went to the server and pulled up that collections xml and this line is in it.

<LocalTitle>The Hobbit Collection [MB Auto Set]</LocalTitle>

Running server 3.0.5781.2 and Auto Box Sets 1.0.0.9

Also, still seeing a lot of those: Warn - BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path messages in the log. I know what they are from another thread (collection still looking for files that don't exist). What should be cleaning that up? The plugin or the clean database function?

fraenhawk

So you have tried refreshing them in metadata editor?

Yes, refreshing them works which makes me think there's a problem with the plugin's scan and create function and not with the server's metadata functions.

All new sets created in the last few weeks are doing this to me as well.

and it's not the whole folder name showing. The foldername the plugin creates is collections\Evil Dead Collection [MB Auto Set] [boxset]

while the name being set in metadata is Evil Dead Collection [MB Auto Set]

Note the [boxset] is not included. Makes me think something's changed in the plugin that it's forgetting to strip the [MB Auto Set] out of the name when creating them.

That's a good point but the plug-in is not responsible for setting the name on the item.  That is handled by the normal metadata processes in the server.

It must be some of the tweaks that were done to how tags inside brackets are handled or something...

That's weird that a refresh fixes it then. Isn't it the same metadata processor doing the task both times?

Yes, but the timing of information that is available may be different.

Koleckai Silvestri

I had this on a newly added auto boxset and went to metadata editor and clicked identify and selected the right item and it came good, I assume that after being added the boxset didn't refresh properly

Just have to get used to running refresh after I add new boxsets. Might go back to adding them manually since it is less of a headache.

• 3 weeks later...
TugboatBill

I tried selecting more than one box set (collection) and doing a refresh.  It only fixes the MB Auto Set if you refresh one set at a time.  :(