Emby on PC vs iOS/Emby app don't match

LqHnyBear

LqHnyBear

Server Version 3.0.5781.1

I used both chrome and safari for the results I'm seeing.

When I'm on my pc, windows 10, viewing the emby website whether it's the localhost or the app.emby.media site I see everything correctly as far as unwatched shows go. Notice number of unwatched episodes in photo below.

56479eb53f834_emby1.jpg

but if I log in on my iPhone, iPad or use the new Emby App on either iOS device it only shows me 1 unwatched episode in each. This again happens whether using the localhost ip or connecting via app.emby.media. See photo below.

5647a0a481620_IMG_0360.png

Best I can figure is there is some sort of difference between the Desktop and Mobile versions of the sites that is screwing something up.

LqHnyBear

I remembered I could request a desktop site from chrome and when I did everything showed up properly so it is something wrong with the mobile version.

it's not that there's something wrong, it's just the way the grouping is performed. The apps get your last X number of recent episodes, then group them by series. The number X is larger for desktop computers.

LqHnyBear

But until a few days ago it was showing the proper number of episodes. Is there anyway to raise the number higher for mobile again?

LqHnyBear

Now on the PC after Version 3.0.5781.2 update it's showing the wrong number of unwatched episodes available too.

it's not that there's something wrong, it's just the way the grouping is performed. The apps get your last X number of recent episodes, then group them by series. The number X is larger for desktop computers.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about but under "Home Screen Settings" I don't have anything checked for "My Views" or "View Styles" so it should be showing in my latest media the exact number of available episodes per show, that are unwatched. My girl and I watch the same shows usually together but some times we can't get time to watch things together so one of us goes ahead of the other. When we mark the episodes unwatched they would always show back up on the main screen under "Latest Media" but now it's only showing one episode, we might miss watching episodes.

Happy2Play

This is no different then numbers being different on Home-Latest Media and TV-Latest-Latest Episodes.  So the app is seeing Latest Episodes number which are correct and the web client is looking at a bigger picture of Latest Media and episode number decline over time.  This has been like this for quite awhile.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21631-tv-unwatched-inconsistancies/