Casting to chromecast

Sahne

When closing emby app it looses the ability to reconnect to chromecast to either pause, fastforward, etc... This also happens when the device goes into sleep. The movie still plays to the end thou it just looses the ability to remotely control it even trying to play a different movie doesn't work unless you stop the cast within chromecast and reconnect within the app. Any solutions? Does anyone has similar issues?

Thank god. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I'm having the exact same problems . It renders the app pretty useless as the old app functions better for me at the moment.

Ok done some more testing. Apps work fine on iPad and iPhone . But casting to chromecast is not working properly. I have new chromecast. Selecting device on iPad allows me to cast an episode to my TV but then functionality stops. Can't use controls in now playing. Once first episode is finished , can't cast second episode. Pressing play on app does nothing. Chromecast has to be reset and app restarted. Disappointed at the moment. Waited for months and now find its doesn't work with Chromecast properly. What logs can I provide for this to be looked into ?

Whatever is causing this issue it means having to restart the Chromecast a lot. The app isn't really usable with Chromecast at the moment. It's a pity but the old mediabrowser app works better for now.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no bug report forum so I guess i'll add this here.  Version 1.04 just released version still has this bug.  However, you no longer have to quit emby, and force stop the stream using the chromecast app.  So that half has been fixed.

I thought that this issue had been fixed in 1.04, or maybe I read that wrong.

I'll see if I can reproduce it thanks. you're referring to starting playback with chromecast, then switching to another app for a while, then coming back?

Ok here's what i did. I was looking for a tv episode to play (saved in media, not a recording) and the device went to sleep because i left the room and came back. When i opened it again, chromecast would not respond. I had to quit emby and restart, i also had to cast again as emby did not pick up that i was already casting. Once i cast again, it reset the Chromecast back to the emby splash screen, and i was able to browse again.

Later, i wanted to pause the playback, and it would not respond. Again, i had to quit emby and reopen. This time when i cast again, it shut off my current playback completely. I had to go back in and find my spot, because when i hit resume, it just started from the beginning even though it showed playing from the middle on the screen.

Also, the progress bar seems to have disappeared from the bottom bar, and i could only fast forward from the now playing page. On top of this, at some point the menu bar at the bottom of the screen disappeared and I could not get to home, or now playing. I had to use the remote icon in the playback bar at the bottom to pause playback.

I think i got everything there. Let me know if you need any more details.

I am using iPad iOS 9.2 and emby 1.04 with server that just released .8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by c_death