No multichannel music when using EMBY for KODI

jnot2

Running latest stable version of Emby for KODI and my multi channel music only plays in stereo. If I play the same song thru KODI not using pluggin it does play in multi channel.   Is this a limitation in the EMBY pluggin or am I missing a setting somewhere. Thanks for any help

Angelblue05

Music via emby for kodi is added like so: direct path to your content. Or, direct stream to your content, converted to mp3.

If you go in the add-on settings > sync options > music library, how are your settings set? Do you have music direct stream enabled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

May I ask the reason you enabled direct stream? Are you planning on listening to music outside your network using Kodi?

With the option enabled, it converts ur music path to http/mp3 paths.

If not, then simply disable music direct stream and reset your kodi database (advanced tab > reset) then your music will be added using the direct paths to your music files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok after disabling music direct stream and resetting my kodi database none of my music will play. Get an error saying "One or more items failed to play"

Angelblue05

In emby dashboard > library > what is the path to access your music? We are inserting your direct paths into the library. If it fails to play, it's because Kodi is unable to access your content with the given emby path. 

Edited by Angelblue05

I changed my path in library from G\Music to \\SERVER\G\Music and reset the database and all is good now.  Thanks for your help and great work....

Edited by jnot2
  • Like 1