Two antennas, two HDHRduals

91esprit

91esprit

I live just outside Toronto. I have two antennas. Antenna 1 (short range) is aimed at the CN Tower in TO and the Antenna 2 (deep fringe) is aimed at Buffalo. Each antenna has its own dedicated HDHR. Emby sees all 4 tuners ok.

Some TV stations are available only from antenna 1 and other stations are only available from antenna 2. And some stations are available from both since there is some overlap of signal between the antennas but the signal strength is better from one antenna rather than the other.

How does EMBY decide which HDHR to use for a particular station? Or is this done by the HDHR software?

Is it a sequential search? HDHR1-Tuner1, HDHR1-Tuner2, HDHR2-Tuner1, HDHR2-Tuner2

What happens if a station is weak on HDHR1 but strong on HDHR2?

If it locks in on HDHR1 and the signal fades, will it jump to HDHR2?

mellomade

If the HDHR you refer to is either of the new CONNECT or EXTEND types (and not the older HDHR3 DUAL - sorry your title confused on this part) - then what you can do is disable the channels that don't work well on a particular tuner from the http://YOUR_TUNER_IP/lineup.html page.  You'll need the latest DVR based firmware for this ( https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=20613 ).  Just click twice on the star icon next to each channel and you should get a red cancel icon.  Now EmbyTV will ignore any channels disabled on the tuner.

91esprit

Yes, I have the newer HDHR4 tuners and I am running firmware 20150826 which is not the latest but does allow me to turn off the weak stations. I did that last night and so far, everything is working well. I still need to test some more. Thanks for the tip.