Movies are disappeared in versions 1.1.48 to 1.1.60

Dan64
Go to solution Solved by Dan64,

I installed the last version of Emby-Kodi 1.1.60 but after installing it I'm unable to see the movies in Kodi. Even the Emby (tag) views don't work. The only items that survived are the TV Shows and the 3d movies with extension ".mk3d" (that have a different player configured in Kodi).

I'm unable to understand the reason. I use the "DirectPlay" option without the path substitution. To fix the problem I had to downgrade Emby-Kodi till the version 1.1.44.

Edited by Dan64

xnappo

Did you read the release notes carefully?

As a reminder, we are now following emby views for your library section. Make sure to go into your emby webclient > user icon(right side) > settings > home screen settings > My views are set as you want them to appear in Kodi. Also, in the same place, View styles should be enabled for your sections, otherwise they will be treated as mixed content in Kodi.

Note: This version will force you to reset your database for the new changes.

You will also need to re-setup skin shortcuts.  We know this is a pain, but it was necessary to match up with the other Emby clients.

Most of my skin views are playlist based, here an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Films-Storico</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>Movies/Films/Storico</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

This view is a filter on the "path" content and should work also in the new plugin version since the paths are not changed.

Moreover I'm using also the plugin generated views. For example:

<node order="2" type="filter">
  <label>Recently Added Movies</label>
  <match>all</match>
  <content>movies</content>
  <icon>special://home/addons/plugin.video.emby/icon.png</icon>
  <rule field="tag" operator="is">
    <value>Films - Movies</value>
  </rule>
  <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
  <limit>25</limit>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
    <value>0</value>
  </rule>
</node>

But even this view, that is using a filter on the tag, doesn't work anymore.

----

Could you explain better the reasons ? and how I can fix this situation for the "path" based views ?

Edited by Dan64

Angelblue05

@@Dan64

It will be easier to explain if you post a screenshot of your views: In the emby webclient > user icon (right) > settings > home settings. You'll find "My Views" and "My View styles". That's what sets your library in Kodi.

As you can guess I'm not using the Emby views since all my clients now are based on Kodi and these features are already implemented in Kodi (see my examples above).

5648538764197_My_Views.png

5648539dde09a_My_View_Styles.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

You need to enable View styles: 

Also, in the same place, View styles should be enabled for your sections, otherwise they will be treated as mixed content in Kodi.

Then reset your Kodi library and let it resync, it should fix your issue.

• Solution

Sorry but I prefer to use folder navigation since the view style don't fit my need.

I will stay with version 1.1.44 till the plugin will be able to work also without the view styles enabled.

Edited by Dan64
  • Like 1