Trying to update plugin "Error: No RPC Token"

trevordj

trevordj

I am trying to update the plugin through the freenas web GUI from 3.0.5781.0 to 3.0.5781.1. The installer seems to stall after downloading is complete (see first screenshot), although that seems to have happened in the past and usually if I leave it at 50% long enough it eventually updates. After the installer dialog closes I am getting an error at the top of the screen "Error: No RPC Token." See the second screenshot. After the update (or failed update) the my entire library disappears from the emby server. Restarting the Freenas rig seems to help with that.

I tried updating Freenas to the most up to date version and this didn't change anything. The plugin is currently saying it is up to date, but it said that before and the reverted from 3.0.5781.1 back to 3.0.5781.0. I am stumped (although for the most part I have no idea what I am doing). Screen shots and logs are below.

post-57150-0-46966800-1447475396_thumb.png

post-57150-0-33467900-1447475403_thumb.png

Log.txt

Log-2.txt

Log-3.txt

Edited by trevordj

trevordj

the freenas plugin system can be pretty fragile with updates. here's a workaround you could use to basically force a new version to be installed while keeping /var/db/emby-server

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/transmission-plugin-upgrade-via-gui-breaks-service-status-button.39199/#post-241154

Cool, thank you. Ya, I pretty much cringe every time I have to update the plugin. Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk