Old Lifetime Supporter Key & Chromecast Playback Issues

Luke D

Hello Ladies & Gents,

I have just installed the new emby app on my iphone, the app looks Excellent by the way!

The only problem is my app doesnt want to play any media through chromecast e.g......Server is running, open the app on the iphone, choose a file, it will pick up the chromecast with no problem's, but as soon as i click play...nothing happens...this is on all of my media, i have tried many times. (I have also tried with the antivirus/firewall off-still the same)

Now i have already done a bit of research, and i understand this is due to the supporter key/Premium Supporter.

I originally purchased a lifetime membership back when it was MediaBrowser, and i still have the key in my emails. When i paste the key into the "Help/Emby Premier" it just stays in the box without actually doing anything, so i tried the obvious and loaded emby in a different browser....and tried pasting the key again...still doesnt say "You are a lifetime supporter"....so basically i cant get my key to accept, yet my plugin page still loads up?

What am i doing wrong, I have attached my log file and screen shot.

Cheers,

Luke

post-29344-0-29194100-1447475174_thumb.jpg

server-63583089627.txt

Hi, quick question about Chromecast. When you first connect, are you able to see random movie backdrops displayed on the TV through Chromecast?

Hey Luke, Yeh chromecast still plays random backdrops so it can definitely see the media, it just wont play it via the emby app. Also i forgot to mention, using my computer and playing through the chomecast extension works prefectly, its just the emby app that wont allow me to play through chromecast. It still recognises the chromecast though.

legallink

On the key issue, how long ago was the key purchased? Was it MB3 or before that? If it was before MB3, (which was 2(ish) years ago) I don't think that key will transfer over, but Luke would know better.

Hey, i appreciate the reply :) it was the Media Browser 3 lifetime membership, so hopefully i can get it transfered and working soon so i can use the new app.

Did you hit the Save button on that key screen?

If you did, everything looks okay because, if it wasn't, the field would be red.

• Like 1

Yeh mate, thats the bit thats not working, i hit save and nothing happens, isnt it suppose to go green and say "Thanks for Supporting Emby" or something like that? And i still cant play media with the new app, the play button does nothing.....

No problems Luke ill get onto it as soon as im back, although the server log i have provided is after i have saved the key as well, but ill gladly do it again. Its likely causing the ios app to block me from playing my media.

Hello Luke, Just an Update; and this is incredibly stupid of me.... Im normally Tech savvy..... The reason the app does not work is because i have selected my server from the list when you start the app, all my media is accessible and reachable but i could not play anything to my chromecast or local device..... The reason i couldnt play anything was because i was not logged into emby connect, as soon as i logged OUT of the app and signed back IN with emby connect AND THEN selected my server, Everything worked correctly ..... Finally i can enjoy the new app ;P

No problems, i appreciate the replies. I will jump back on and give you an update if it does it again. Also while your on here.... Is there a way to stop audio popping when playing media, on the computer it doesnt do it, but when streaming to chromecast i get the odd audio pop/cracking, it never used to do it, it seems to be a recent thing, ever since i transfered me media from my computer to my NAS WD EX2, it plays perfectly and audio is in sync.... It just pops sometimes?

Hello again Luke, so the good news is my audio is fixed :)) awesome!!

The bad news is, since the update of emby and the ios app update, it is literally so unstable. I dont mean to be negative, as im hoping to get your help, but it is extremely frustrating that the app just doesnt work for me properly, or any of my other devices.... It just cant play to my chromecast, it connects, it shows previews, chrome on desktop picks all of my chromecasts up as well as the app.... But the damn play button does nothing haha.

So im having to use my computer to play my files through emby to the chromecast instead of the app as it is so unreliable... At this current time it just doesnt work at all, let me know what you need, i appreciate any help, im still concerned that it has something to do with my old license from the days of "Media Browser" i just cant work this one out on my own.