Remove "Hide Empty Folders" option. Caused performance problems.

DGMayor

DGMayor

Sorry but it really should be a server feature anyway.

That's a good point.   Hopefully it's on the radar for the not too distant future!

CBers

Sorry but it really should be a server feature anyway.

How soon before its a server option?

If a while, could you add it back in with a big warning message when enabled?

Just a thought.

Edited by CBers

Redshirt

There's been no confirmation that it's going to ever be a server option. 

I've been asked to provide the same option in the Android client and I feel the same way as ebr.

SilentAssassin

What is the performance issue this relates to? I'm still using .96 and have this optioned turned on and haven't noticed any performance issues.

Many users were encountering time outs with this option turned on.

I'll look into a way to selectively bring it back in a future version.

• Like 1

jtritton

Really miss this and didnt have any perf issues with it. Couldnt you just add it back in with a warning on it, or in some kind of advanced menu / setting ?

mboehler

Yes, someone please bring this back!

I used to be able to go straight to my Favorite TV shows when I clicked on Favorites.  I didn't have any favorite movies selected.  Now I have to navigate through a screen which has Favorite Movies, Favorite Books, Favorite Games, & Favorite Music.  I don't even have any books, games, or music.

Thanks!

• Like 1

mboehler

Those are different. Those are all client-side folders so that can still be handled within mbc. Well, unless you hacked those up using shortcuts.

Thanks, Luke.  No, I don't have any shortcuts to anything in my collection.  

I just noticed that within the last week or two, it started showing Favorites for several different types of media, some of which I don't even have.  I did not pay attention to when this started happening, so I don't know if it was a ROC release, MB Classic release, or Server release that caused it.

Do you, or anyone else, have any idea how I can make it go back to the way it was?  I have several TV shows tagged as Favorites, but no movies.  It used to go automatically into Favorite TV shows.  But it doesn't any more.

Oh!  Auto Enter Single Folder Items is already enabled.

Thanks!

Edited by mboehler

mboehler

No, there is no way you can get it back right now.

Bummer.  I guess I'll just get rid of favorites for now then.  If a way becomes available in the future, I'll add it back.

Thanks!

Yes, someone please bring this back!

I used to be able to go straight to my Favorite TV shows when I clicked on Favorites.  I didn't have any favorite movies selected.  Now I have to navigate through a screen which has Favorite Movies, Favorite Books, Favorite Games, & Favorite Music.  I don't even have any books, games, or music.

Thanks!

Those are different. Those are all client-side folders so that can still be handled within mbc. Well, unless you hacked those up using shortcuts.

coolspot

Eric, noticed you brought this back, so wanted to express my appreciation.  Hopefully this gets pushed to the server so it works in my other clients too like android, but in the meantime there is definitely the need, performance issues or not (I never had any)