iOS app can't connect to Server

badmadbrad
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

badmadbrad

So glad this the iOS app has been released  :) However mine won't work :/

I can find the server on the network, whether signed in or not. When I click on the server I get: "Connection Failiure. We are unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again "

Using an iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, Jailbroken.

Server is on WIndows 10, Version 3.0.5781.1

Any help would be appreciated  :)

Hi, welcome. Instead of using the discovered server, try adding a server manually and typing in the address. If you don't know the address you can find it on the front page of the emby server dashboard labeled as local address.

• Like 1

badmadbrad

Hi, welcome. Instead of using the discovered server, try adding a server manually and typing in the address. If you don't know the address you can find it on the front page of the emby server dashboard labeled as local address.

Hi, thanks for all the work you do on Emby and on these forums, and thanks for the reply :D

Unfortunately that doesn't work, tried both Ports as well. I've restarted the server and the computer itself. Resprung and restarted phone as well as reinstalled the app.

I've tried another iPhone 6 (ios 9.1), that doesn't work either so I'm assuming it's an issue with the server/ computer

• Solution

are you able to use the web client on those devices? you can test this by taking the local address that is displayed on the server dashboard, and typing that into the browser address bar.

• Like 1

badmadbrad

are you able to use the web client on those devices? you can test this by taking the local address that is displayed on the server dashboard, and typing that into the browser address bar.

Huh weirdly no?

Should I reinstall the server, I don't mind losing any data the server has saved so far

(EDIT: Problem solved, not ideal but a reinstall has got it working :D 

Thanks for the help guys :D )

Edited by badmadbrad

Glad to hear it. For you and anyone else reading, this doesn't mean there was an Emby server problem.

At the time of first installation, we try to open the port in windows firewall. This is not going to work for every computer and can also be affected by other software on the machine. It also can be accidentally rejected by the user. So what probably happened is that the first time it didn't open the firewall, and this time it did. You probably could have achieved the same end result by configuring the firewall manually.

Glad it's working :)

• Like 2