Refresh media files

ktulo37
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I installed a script to assist with movie organization and it deleted all images and xml files from the movie directories.  When you install Emby, it automatically searches and creates this information -- is there a way to force a total refresh?  Scanning the library sees all the files (and even associates imdb data), but it does nothing to identify or install images.  Any ideas?

If I go through 'edit' -> 'identify', it populates name, imdb, year, etc., but the .xml data in the file directory is gone.  Does it store that information elsewhere?  I thought the .xml information in the directory was there for details on the particular video file. 

well, we would never delete your xml file. you'll need a give a concrete example listing out files, before/after changes, etc, then we can probably see what's going on.

It wasn't Emby that did it.  I ran an unrelated script that 'deleted extra files'--essentially deleted everything in the directory except the video itself.  If I navigate into the directories, this is what used to be there, and what is currently there:

Before:

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)-fanart.jpg
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)-fanart1.jpg
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)-fanart2.jpg
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)-landscape.jpg
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)-logo.png
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)-poster.jpg
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973).mkv
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973).nfo
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973).sfv
extrathumbs
fanart.jpg
folder.xml
logo.png
poster.jpg

After:

poster.jpg
The 39 Steps cd1.orig.nfo
The 39 Steps cd2.orig.nfo
The 39 Steps.failed_rename.ignore
The 39 Steps.mkv
The 39 Steps.nfo

That example is a little confusing to be honest. How does it go from Charlie Brown to 39 steps? I think you should just test a simple scenario without the extra script, then work your way up.

I'm showing the difference in a directly that is untouched (has the correct Emby set up), and one that was damaged by the script I ran.  Charlie Brown is correct (was not included in the script), 39 steps has already been damaged (was included in the script).

When you install Emby, it treats all your media as new entries, and it sets up all the media folders like the Charlie Brown example--I'm trying to repair the damaged directories.  39 Steps is in my library and works fine, but Emby doesn't have any other information related to it.  (ie, no description, reviews, thumbnails, etc.)

I literally just found it.  Unfortunately the script deleted some movies too, but that's on me.  So long as I can repair the files I have.

Thanks a lot!