How turn off chapters so I can skip 30 seconds

Killervette

Killervette

How can I disable the generation of chapters in tv series so I can use the remote's skip button to jump 30 seconds at a time like I could in mb2?

swhitmore

Doesn't the fast forward and rewind do 30sec skips? Are you talking about MBT?

Edited by swhitmore

Is there a way to change the skip duration and get fast forward and rewind in MBT?  right now it is 10 sec and 10 sec skip.  would like to see 30sec skip forward.  10 second skip back.  And then also a true fast forward and rewind.

Killervette

My ff button actually fast forwards. I am using media browser classic with mb3 server. I like to skip through the previously on crap in my tv series. I was using mymovies and previously used mb2 and the skip button was perfect and more importantly wife approved. Mb3 is not wife approved! Lol. I really like the interface and web browser portion, but it's not gonna be usable unless I can get this working.

ok, that has nothing to do with chapters then if we're talking about mbc. mbc is no different than mb2 in that regard.

Killervette

ok, that has nothing to do with chapters then if we're talking about mbc. mbc is no different than mb2 in that regard.

If it's no different than mb2, why is the skip button using chapters then?

In both MBC and MB2, once you hit play windows media center takes over. We don't really have control over it at that point. Maybe there are some wmc veterans in here who will know better.

Killervette

In both MBC and MB2, once you hit play windows media center takes over. We don't really have control over it at that point. Maybe there are some wmc veterans in here who will know better.

But my skip button goes to the chapters being generated by mb3 server. Otherwise I would have no problem. Am I missing something?

Killervette

the server is only identifying chapters that already exist in the video file

Is there any usable solution to ignore chapters or get a 30 second skip feature?

The server chapter points are not used at all within MBC outside of the new chapter function where you can browse to a chapter. It doesn't control the remote buttons at all. That is all whatever the file itself has setup and what you've setup inside of WMC. It is the exact same way MB2 handled it.

Killervette

Alright, I am completely retarded. I had the tmt5 media center addin set to handle all file types. Sorry for the confusion.