Language

Zodler

I have a lifetime Plex subscription and I'm in the process of switching to Emby. First things first, how can you change the language of Emby iOS?

The Emby app I downloaded is in French and I want it in English. No where in the settings I found an option. Very Annoying.

Edited by Zodler

Are you running the app on an iPhone or iPad?

I think the language depends on the iOS language settings but for example both my iPhone and my iPad are configured in english although my regional settings are for Spain. On the iPad the app is in english, as expected, but on the iPhone on the other hand is in spanish (which is annoying indeed).

I must admit that I didn't take the time to compare the language/regional settings on both devices to make sure they match and try to understand from where the different behavior is coming from.

Edited by fc7
  • Like 1

Yes it's in my iPhone 6s plus. Like you, my iOS language is set to English and all my apps are in English. Emby iOS is the only app to display in French.

My regional is set to France. But regardless of that we should be able to change the language independently.

Yes it's in my iPhone 6s plus. Like you, my iOS language is set to English and all my apps are in English. Emby iOS is the only app to display in French.

My regional is set to France. But regardless of that we should be able to change the language independently.

Ok. If it helps I would try to compare my language/regional settings between my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air 2.

If they match then is a problem related to the device behavior, for some reason.

BTW this is not the only thing that behaves differently between devices. For example subtitles will play by default in the iPhone without intervention but in the iPad I have to disable and enable them again to display. :(

Edited by fc7